New Comer

Nzero

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm new around here. I just picked up my first FZ6 a couple of weeks ago. I've been looking at them for the last few years and finally came across the right one (price/condition wise). I ended up getting a 2005 with about 9k on it (Pic below). I've been riding a 2007 HD Sportster for the last year. Ever since I first saw an FZ6 there has been something telling me that the bike is for me. Now that I have one I couldn't have been more right. I love damn near everything about it. I've managed to put about 200 miles on it so far weather permitting. There is one that I don't care for. The previous owner installed a fender eliminator kit on it (Pic Below) and well during the day they are not very visible. So I'm loooking to replace it. My question to all of you is, do any of you have any recommendations for a replacement fender eliminator?

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the show friend :welcome:. Nice looking bike and a cute little lady on it.
I see what you mean about the visibility factor. Previous owner had used a fender eliminator kit, I simply added bigger turn signals.

Have fun riding

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Along with that awesome bike comes the best forum on the web! :welcome:!!!

Google Fender eliminators and consider they make different fender eliminators for this depending on what bracket you have or don't have. Maybe hit a local bike shop for some advice on this. :)

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: from Texas. :cheer:

Someone will help you with the finder soon.:rockon: I have a S2, so sorry I can't help you.:(

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard. I put a FE on my bike but kept the stock signals. What I did do though was get clear lenses and colored bulbs. That way they are both visible and not if you know what I mean.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! It's awesome to have someone cross over from the harley world! :BLAA:

I have one of those billet aluminum plate FE kits from China off of ebay. Only cost me like 15 bucks. I also have the motodynamic tail light, which has integrated turn signals, so I don't have the extra turn signals at all. I mostly figure as long as I'm continuously passing people, the cars behind don't count as much as the cars in front of me.... :D

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I have the same model and color as you. I use a fender eliminator bought on eBay and made by a forum member which allows use of the stock signals, but after performing a search it does not appear to be available now. Plus you probably don't have the stock signals in your possession anyway.

If I were you I'd install the Motodynamic tail light with integrated signals as mentioned in an earlier post. Pretty cool light, signals are very visible day or night. Added bonus is the quick flash X 3 when you first apply the brakes.

Motodynamic's website:
Motodynamic Tail Light - Smoke Lens

Or on eBay ($5 more)
eBay Motodynamic Tail Light

It's a relatively simple install, everything is plug and play wire wise. If you don't want to go the integrated signal route, you can check out your local bike store or do an eBay search for FZ6 fender and a whole range of options come up, some with turn signals included.

Good luck, and again :welcome:

Nzero

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations. I think I'm going to go with the Motodynamic light. Do any of you know if I could do both the motodynamic and have the fender eliminator with light? I haven't had a chance to look at the wiring harness yet and it will probably be a few days before I can. I'm currently sitting in a delivery room waiting for my wife to give birth to our second daughter:D They are just about to induce her so I'm killing time right now.