New car, or FZ1?

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
Good day everyone,

I have had my FZ6 for a year now. I am thinking of buying the FZ1, as I am already used to 100hp. But, I might as well then buy a car. That way I have a boot and roof, but then no power/speed and fun.

I cannot make up my mind, the car I want is not that bad, but I am going to miss the thrill of bike riding. Ideally having a car and bike is best, but I am not able to afford both. :confused:

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say, you need to decide based on your location. Here in US, most places, having a car is more practical than a bike if that is your only mode of transportation. But, that is not like that in most European countries. I don’t know much about where you are, but, I would think that is really what you should consider. Bike is nice, but, unfortunately, it cannot be everyday vehicle. So, look at your alternatives when you cannot ride your bike and decide based on that. Good luck!

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
also for consideration. I hurt my hand playing sports. nothing serious, but couldn't put my hand in a glove or make a fist. If the bike was my only transportation, I'd have been screwed!

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
You'd have to be a real badass to have a bike be your only transport. I opt for car when the risk factors start piling up: when road is slippery from rain; when it's dark out and other commuters can't see me well; when it's the time of the night that drunk drivers are cruising around; when wind is blowing exceptionally hard; if I intend to go somewhere that I'll drink alcohol; if I may be tired. Would take some serious commitment to safety, awareness, and training to be up for those heightened risks.

brico

Reaction score
Visit site
when it's the time of the night that drunk drivers are cruising around;if I intend to go somewhere that I'll drink alcohol; serious commitment to safety,

Hm, some of this does not make sense. Why would you drink and drive and not drink and ride? I guess you can get hurt when drinking and riding, but in a car you can hurt someone? isn't that selfish?

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hm, some of this does not make sense. Why would you drink and drive and not drink and ride? I guess you can get hurt when drinking and riding, but in a car you can hurt someone? isn't that selfish?

I'm not talking about driving/riding while wasted - agreed that's bad news all the way around.

Everything I've ever read or heard about motorcycle safety says that you NEVER mix alcohol and riding. Not even one drink. While you can safely and legally operate a car with one drink an hour for a normal sized person, a bike takes more concentration, skill, balance, and judgement. All of which are impaired with alcohol.