New boot time need feedback please!

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
My Alpine Stars pair is no longer waterproof after 5 years of hard use, what do you guys use? I'm thinking of getting a pair of Sidi's but they seem quite expensive unless they will last me 10 years, recommendations please!

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding with Sidi boots for 5-6 years. They still seem fine, except for the inner breathable fabric, may be that was my fault, i used them bare foot without any socks in summer. Outer skin of the boots are still in good condition, very durable and comfortable worth the money.

Later, i bought TCX Sportourer boots, not bad but sidi looks better to me.

Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a bit fan of my dainese boots, easy to put on and comfortable.

I have 2 pairs, 1 goretex (trq-tour), and one for track riding/summer (torque out pro)

Slightly subjective, but after a major off I suffered no damage at all to my feet or ankles, and the boots survived too. Goretex has around a 5 or 10 year warranty, plus 2 years from the manufacturer.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a bit fan of my Dainese boots, easy to put on and comfortable.

I have 2 pairs, 1 goretex (trq-tour), and one for track riding/summer (torque out pro)

Slightly subjective, but after a major off I suffered no damage at all to my feet or ankles, and the boots survived too. Goretex has around a 5 or 10 year warranty, plus 2 years from the manufacturer.

Great Fitting, very comfortable and sturdy boot! It has a swivel just for the direction the ankle is intended to move. Not many others have this. I'm in 3 years now boot is in great shape. ++5

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Great Fitting, very comfortable and sturdy boot! It has a swivel just for the direction the ankle is intended to move. Not many others have this. I'm in 3 years now boot is in great shape. ++5

yep, these were the ones I crashed in, only damage was some slightly scuffed titanium sliders (bear in mind this was when I t-boned a car at 50+mph) :D

the trq-tour ones have similar levels of protection, but don't have the inner shoe or sliders, but they are waterproof

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a pair of Dainese and the flexible material panel behind the calf muscle stared to fray and give way after only a month or so- they replaced them

after about two years the stiching was giving way, and I have had a cobbler re -do it but that means the waterproofing is now not so good, I have waxed them and they are now my emergency back up boots.
Didnt like the flat sole and lack of tread for wearing on the street but they were as comfy as!
My current boots are BMW Motorrad- after three seasons with a waxing every 6 months- still totally w/proof and comfy to ride in almost as comfy for street wear but a better sole for the street- I will buy the Motorrad again, no question

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the BMW Sports Dry Boots a year ago. Love them. They are Gortex, once it was broken in they got real comfortable. I wear these everyday, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. I only wear motorcycle boots. Last time I bought a pair of tennis shoes was 8 years ago. Thinking of buying a 2nd pair so that I have another pair once these wear out.

P1020233_zps21d7318e.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Sidi rain boots are ~8 years old now. Still in pretty good shape and still waterproof. To be fair, I don't do much walking in them.. as little as I possibly can.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
To be fair, I really haven't taught any classes since moving up to Idaho, they do not use the MSF curriculum. So my boots don't take a beating out on the range where it requires a lot of walking and kicking cones so my boots still have tread after a year, even though I wear them everyday.

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the BMW Sports Dry Boots a year ago. Love them. They are Gortex, once it was broken in they got real comfortable. I wear these everyday, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. I only wear motorcycle boots. Last time I bought a pair of tennis shoes was 8 years ago. Thinking of buying a 2nd pair so that I have another pair once these wear out.

P1020233_zps21d7318e.jpg

These look absolutely beast, the price is scaring me away but hearing you wear them all year is gathering confidence in this, baaaah! I think it's between this and the SIDI.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These look absolutely beast, the price is scaring me away but hearing you wear them all year is gathering confidence in this, baaaah! I think it's between this and the SIDI.

Holy smokes!! Nearly 400?? Sidi Fusion Rain (the ones I have) are ~200.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I think I paid like $350 shipped. I really like the reflective material on the sides of the boot.

P1020232_zpscdf08450.jpg

aren't the BMW's re-badged from another brand?

You are correct, TCX I think. Or they are pretty close.

Koozi

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been wearing a pair of SIDI vertigos for 5 years.

Very comfortable to walk or ride in. Great in the summer, the vents really work well. A little chilly in the winter-I do wear them year round- but I live in Florida , so it is not as bad as it could be.

Sole is getting a little thin now but 5 years is a good run for a boot.

I was surprised how light they were when I bought them. I had only had MX Boots up until then because of my dirt bike background.

I never crash tested them, but I do recommend them highly.

JMalmsteen

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a pair of TCX-RS-2 boots. Out of everything at the Philly Revzilla store, these seemed like the ones that could withstand a nuclear attack. They are on "clearance" for $330 but are solid and look like they will make it through anything and save your feet and ankles. They have multiple sliders on the foot and side of the boot and all kinds of bracing on the boot. There is an air pump system like those old Reebok sneakers, but I didn't buy the boots for that reason.

Flat_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my SIDI ST boots. They're super comfortable and breathe really well. The only problem I've had with them in the two years I've owned them is that they squeak when I walk.

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought a pair of Sidi Way Mega Rain Boots. Good boots. Have stayed dry in monster rain storms, but they are a bit warm. I got mine for around $75 from someone on ebay who decided they were too small. They were basically new. For an example, there is a size 11 on ebay right now for $160, a little high in my view, but you can always save a ton of cash by buying someone else's mistake if it doesn't wig you out. Just search for the brand and boot you are interested in and stay patient if you don't see your size right away.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
No matter what you get, I'd suggest going with Goretex. Regardless of the manufacturer, they will repair or replace them if they start to leak for the life of the product (Our Guarantee - GORE-TEX® Products!) Sucks having to replace an otherwise good product just because it's not waterproof anymore, that's the situation I'm in with my excellent but no longer waterproof Teknic Freeway jacket.

When I went boot shopping this past summer, I ended up with BMW Allround boots. Good boot, decent price, and Goretex lining.