New bike categories

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
Right now it seems like magazines, clothing makers and the manufacturers are making stuff for certain cateegories in the USA and the FZ6 doesn't really fit.

Right now we have: 600 Sportbike, 750 Sportbike, 1000 sportbike, touring bike, sport touring, standard, a few cruiser categories and a couple scooter categories. Along with a top ten, that gives most cycle mags 12 months of fodder.

.. . .but I wonder about more rider friendly categories. Let's face it, in the USA like many other countries, there are a great many riders whom cannot go screw off regularly, but might be able to make good use of a bike as a tool or near primary transportation mode.

So, I propose adding or discussing these categories:
400 - 600cc(lightweight) Sport Touring/Commuters
750cc Light/Middle weight Sport Touring/Commuter

Why did the FZ6 go away?

Why did the VFR800 go away?

Those were the bikes that got really people to work rain or shine 5 days a week and out to the country on the weekends. Maybe not the bikes for a cross continent tour, but great for 3 - 5 days of traveling light saddle time.

I would love to see a FZ6, SV650, Ninja 650, NV700 all go head to head for a 3 day ride with 4 hours of track time thrown in!