New bike cam!

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
Played around a bit today with some mounting points. Dad and I each did this, however his fell off at one point... That was interesting. However, it does still work.

-bryan

I don't trust the suction mounts much...they hold well, but mine too fell off once from the tank, while it was in my garage, but still. One sticky mount and it's never going anywhere!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
any chance you have a raw file you could post up so we could see what its like pre-youtube??

Might be kinda difficult. Even if I put it on Photobucket it will probably cut the res down.

If you would like I could try and email you a copy or something. Just shoot me a PM.

-bryan

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks anyways.. but i ended up going to cycle gear for their 25% off sale and i got one... havent tried it out, but looks like it'll be fun.. i also wonder if it would be a good idea to put some sort of leash on it.. even if its a bungie type, but i would hate to think what would happen if it fell off at speed

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks anyways.. but i ended up going to cycle gear for their 25% off sale and i got one... havent tried it out, but looks like it'll be fun.. i also wonder if it would be a good idea to put some sort of leash on it.. even if its a bungie type, but i would hate to think what would happen if it fell off at speed

Dad and I were thinking the same thing....

A few zip ties should suffice.

-bryan

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea.. thats not a bad idea.. i was thinking of some safty clips on a line that has some spring to it. im gonna look around later and see what i can some up with.. if i find something good ill post it up on here

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this is the something i was thinking about. however i wouldn't want one with 4 feet of "give".. but something like this with metal clips and more like 1 to 2 foot strech capability would be great. maybe someone knows where to pick up what im talking about?? or someone want to manufacture something like this?? :)

SXL.JPG

Spare-Air Safety Leash

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone is interested in what the playback is like on a TV I have a DVD ISO taken straight from the ATC3K.

This is a 100MB file so I am hosting it on my own server, if anyone wants a copy PM me and I will give you a link.

What you will need, Nero or other DVD software that can read nrg files. A DVD+R or DVD+RW. The DVD is in PAL format so you need equipment that can play that format.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i noticed they also sell this for $20..could be a more solid solution

GOP-GRH30dp.jpg

This expansion pack for the GoPro Ride Hero includes a seatpost and handlebar tube clamp for mounting your Helmet or Motorsports HERO on tubes/frames ranging from 0.75" to 1.4" in diameter. You can also clamp to chainstays, bolts, or anything else that is in the size range above. Comes with orientation adjusting mounts for tons of position options.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
bump from the dead..

so i ended up buying one of these camera's.. makes prettyy good video's.. and yea, mine flew off the car (was trying it out on a car).. still works, and the lens cover is in perfect condition (thanks up there for watchin out).. but i dunno what to use to video edit. any suggestions on programs?? thanks

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are using windows, you should have a program on your computer called window movie maker. If you dont have it, I am sure there are some "free" downloads on the net. There are also much better programs that you could pirate, i mean buy, on the internet...

-bryan

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey man.. when you import a file into windows movie maker, does it come in a bunch of bits and you have t o put them all together.. i just wanna make sure im not doing something wrong.. ive never really done any video editing and could use some pointers if you have any... thanks :)

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah you are doing it right!

It breaks it up awful funny. Not sure why.

But you just drag the video clip down the time line bar at the bottom of the screen. You can edit the clips by sliding that bar at the end of the clip forward and backward to remove parts of the video. In addition you can add transitions and credits and what not as well as music and just the levels of the music to the audio in the video.

If you have time today, just start clicking. Make something short first. Just a quick video no more than a min or two just playing with the different features. That way you dont get upset when you are almost done with a long vid and you accidently delete something.

Ill be off an on here all day today. Just shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

-bryan

DonahuePhoto

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday for my 21st birthday! I'll upload some videos this weekend. Snowboarding tomorrow at Bear Moutain and riding on either Santiago Canyon or the Ortega HWY on Saturday:rockon::rockon:

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone post a still picure taken with this camera. I have never seen one and if it is half acceptable will be getting the camera this weekend.

Steve

Superchimp

Reaction score
www.niemal.pl
Hey guys,

I bought myself a new Hero Wide Cam :) and I made my first movies with it. Nothing special but it's for the start - just wanted to share :rockon:

I think it's a perfect thing for long trips :)

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkTmHXNr1cs[/nomedia]

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cPeqER44qA[/nomedia]