New 2012 Super Tenere... $12,700

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gah.

I stopped into my local dealership to set up a time tomorrow to bring in my FZ (won't start and/or dead battery) and they had a brand-new Tenere sitting there.

I'd been toying with getting a larger, "touring" bike eventually (BMW 1200GS, Tenere, VStrom 1000, or that Triumph) for more leg room, luggage space, interstate comfort, leg room, and did I mention leg room?

I sat on this bad boy and WOW leg room! Great reach to the handlebars, comfortable seat, leg room, lots of optional luggage, and did I mention leg room?!? :cheer:

I think that's a pretty good price, and they'll let me test ride it tomorrow morning when I bring in the FZ.

Somebody please talk me out of this! :eek:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Gah.

I stopped into my local dealership to set up a time tomorrow to bring in my FZ (won't start and/or dead battery) and they had a brand-new Tenere sitting there.

I'd been toying with getting a larger, "touring" bike eventually (BMW 1200GS, Tenere, VStrom 1000, or that Triumph) for more leg room, luggage space, interstate comfort, leg room, and did I mention leg room?

I sat on this bad boy and WOW leg room! Great reach to the handlebars, comfortable seat, leg room, lots of optional luggage, and did I mention leg room?!? :cheer:

I think that's a pretty good price, and they'll let me test ride it tomorrow morning when I bring in the FZ.

Unless they offer you a killer deal than take it.

keep in mind that if you are going to trade in your not working FZ6 to them they will low ball you with the trade in value..

I say try to fix the Fazer or at least see how much you can fix it and sell it yourself.

Then scoot over to the dealership and get the Tenere.

Tenere is pretty damn awesome, but look into FJR and Concourse as well if you are not exactly looking to do light off roading/fire roads etc.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm curious now! I'm not the one to tell you to resist since I have two FZ6's and two Triumph Sprints, an RS and ST. One Yammie has RKA soft bags, the other Hepco Becker hard bags. If you feel you have the need for two very different bikes and you can afford it, why not? So if you do plunge lets us know what you think of the Tenere because I'm dreaming of going to Alaska and that would be a killer bike.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Ya, DON'T DO IT!!!!!until you test ride it. I took out a BMW 1150gs and it was the most boring bike I've ever ridden...no offense to those of you who love your beemers. If the Tenere is as linear in power delivery as the old GS it might put you to sleep! Having said that, I haven't ridden one and just love the look of it,and the room...has anyone mentioned the legroom!!! All the best on your decision. (I have ridden the Triumph 800XC and that bike rocks)!

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, do it. I bought one last weekend, it's a fantastic bike. The torque is amazing and it rides two-up better than you can imagine. There are a lot of leftover '12 bBlack units lying around and I got mine for $14045 OTD.

Still going to keep the FZ for the foreseeable future as it's still fun. But I will be removing/selling the R6 forks, Ohlins shock and Shad luggage soon.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gah.

Um No, good luck,

Neil

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been starting to think about getting something in the Enduro area to add to my garage. I would love to test drive the Super Tenere but it's out of my budget to consider buying. I really like Yamaha and have been waiting for them to come out with something bigger than the 250 dual sports. I just don't know if they could haul me around as well (I'm kinda fluffy).

Congrats on your new add, and btw
:needpics:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's just amazing how many members have gone from a FZ6 to some form of a dual sport motorcycle. Whether it's a Tenure, GS or Tiger.

My next bike will most likely be a Ducati Multistrada Grantourismo edition or possibly a BMW F800GS. However a $20k plus price tag on the Ducati is a big obstacle to overcome.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
The S10 is a nice bike and very comfy just sitting on it at the stealership. I sat on the V Strom 1000 also the other day... not bad either. I'm sure the Yammy is more of a bike but at 10K flat, not sure the ABS and traction control worth 4-5K to me???

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I know the whole "brand new shiny" is enticing... I just don't think I could ever justify a loan for a bike. I bought my FZ6 at 21 (last spring) for $3,900 in cash. My next bike (likely daytona 675) will be paid for in cash.

I have too much debt in student loans/car loan to think for a second about taking out a bike loan, haha.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
I know the whole "brand new shiny" is enticing... I just don't think I could ever justify a loan for a bike. I bought my FZ6 at 21 (last spring) for $3,900 in cash. My next bike (likely daytona 675) will be paid for in cash.

I have too much debt in student loans/car loan to think for a second about taking out a bike loan, haha.

There's 2 way to look at it. You need credit to build credit history. I was there not so long ago... I was making 60K a year with only a cel phone bill, I couldn't borrow 5K of a mini van!!! It's fix now. I get loan for important stuff and pay it early. My bike was paid off within 18-20 months (out of 60)

I rather have a 10K loan on a bike than 5K on a credit card... I just bough a 12 Ford Fiesta and finance about 11K. With bonus, tax return and money earn on the side I bet I can pay it off this year... might not but just using cash flow is a good thing in a way, but that can bite you in the butt if you don't built history. Not sure how student loan are good for history? Loan pay off is where it's at!