New 2012 Super Tenere... $12,700

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
There's 2 way to look at it. You need credit to build credit history. I was there not so long ago... I was making 60K a year with only a cel phone bill, I couldn't borrow 5K of a mini van!!! It's fix now. I get loan for important stuff and pay it early. My bike was paid off within 18-20 months (out of 60)

I rather have a 10K loan on a bike than 5K on a credit card... I just bough a 12 Ford Fiesta and finance about 11K. With bonus, tax return and money earn on the side I bet I can pay it off this year... might not but just using cash flow is a good thing in a way, but that can bite you in the butt if you don't built history. Not sure how student loan are good for history? Loan pay off is where it's at!

I understand that part of it, but I already have an outstanding credit score (low-mid 700's) due to having a credit card that I pay off every month (only put rent, gas, and food on it and don't spend more than I make, haha)

To me the bike is "fun" as it isn't my main mode of transport. I just couldn't justify taking out a loan and paying interest on "fun" haha.

Other people can, and that's perfectly fine. Just not for me. :)

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I understand that part of it, but I already have an outstanding credit score (low-mid 700's) due to having a credit card that I pay off every month (only put rent, gas, and food on it and don't spend more than I make, haha)

To me the bike is "fun" as it isn't my main mode of transport. I just couldn't justify taking out a loan and paying interest on "fun" haha.

Other people can, and that's perfectly fine. Just not for me. :)

I only pay cash now. I should file bankruptcy but haven't been able to afford it. Using credit for fun was one of the dumbest things I've done in my life repeated times.