New '09, looking for Mod advice

pcm2015

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm brand new to this site, just bought a 2009 FZ6, my first bike, in March. I've been browsing around, looking for parts and such that I can add/change to my bike(i.e. lights, exhaust, windscreen, seat, etc). Any advice you could give to help me find what might be some good additions?

Thanks

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Tons of mods are out there to do. If you dislike the single headlight on at lowbeam, the bd43 dual headlight mod is very nice. Puig makes some great windscreens. Pazzo and ASV make some nice levers to replace the stock. Most popular exhaust is probably Two Brothers on the forum. Tons of stuff, just look around the forum and you will find lots.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
If this is your first bike, slow down and get to know it first. You DON'T have to go crazy modding it to enjoy it, most of these bikes aren't modded at all by their owners (or very little). Don't mod just for the sake of modding it. Too many people mod just to make a change to the machine which is not a good reason to change something. See which areas need changing/improving in your case and go from there.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
First thing first! FRAME SLIDERS:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/33436-i-think-i-found-perfect-frame-sliders.html

Then, HVMP extra heavy bar ends to eliminate vibrations:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/33371-hvmp-bar-ends-heavy-review.html

Don't forget the upcoming popular tcmalker's dual headlights mod:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/35015-tcmalkers-dual-headlight-mod.html

And don't listen to anyone who tell you Two Bros exhaust is best. The BEST exhaust to get is Leo Vince, for a couple of reasons. The best reason is the elimination of the cat pipe. This will make your bike run so cooler. And the sound! wow!
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/8759-leo-vince-install.html

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
As Evitzee says, these bikes don't NEED modding, but we don't NEED a lot of things in life, so go for it. Then it depends what your after - Performance, Looks, comfort.....

Exhaust, Sprocket changes, frame sliders, screen, colour, levers, grips, tank protectors, rear seat cowl, lower cowl, heated grips, pink fluffy dice hanging from the mirrors, stickier rubber, touring rubber, dual headlight, top cases, other luggage, headlight projectors, new paint, stickers.

Scour the Mods forum, and you'll find heaps of ideas - all a matter of personal preference.

ericausand

Reaction score
Visit site
These bikes aren't even LEGAL in China! So needing anything that goes this fast is an oxymoron since 1/3 of the Earths population isn't even allowed to have one:)

I often times get off my bike and thank god I was born in America where such ridiculous things aren't only legal, but a birthright.

Mod on my friend, mod on!

I got bar risers and adjustable pegs, these helped me get a more comfortable seating position. So not all mods are dangerous, or performance enhancing. I also have the scorpion exhaust, which actually sounds so nice that I find myself going slower since my need for exhaust note is achieved at a lower speed.

Welcome to the club!

pcm2015

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the input. I don't plan on going too crazy right out the gate. My wallet still hasn't fully recovered. But I'll probably start with small things like frame sliders for sure. A headlight mod would be cool, but a new seat would definitely be nice. I expect to have my bike around for a while, so I'm sure I have plenty of time to play with it.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
And don't listen to anyone who tell you Two Bros exhaust is best. The BEST exhaust to get is Leo Vince, for a couple of reasons. The best reason is the elimination of the cat pipe. This will make your bike run so cooler. And the sound! wow!
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/8759-leo-vince-install.html

Let's expand on that line of thinking; don't listen to anyone who tells you what "the best" is. (FYI, you can get an Arrow de-cat pipe and fit it with pretty much any aftermarket exhaust system)

Anything stated as "the best" is all relative and individual opinion. "The best" is what works for you and what you prefer, so there is no "the best" anything. What might be the best for you, might not be for someone else.

Do your research, search around, read, ask questions and educate yourself and then you can make your own informed decision on what is "the best [insert item name here]" for you and your bike.

If I had my way, I'd nuke every post/topic that had "the best" stated in it....oh wait, I'm the Admin for this section..... (muhahaha)

Last edited: