"Never Ridden Hard"

PVFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have been lusting over a Triumph Sprint STfor a while now, not that I can buy one. Any way in many for sale ads the seller states "Never Ridden Hard", which begs me to ask, my most trusted motorcycle addicts, the question.

What is your idea of riding hard?

I have some great roads around me and I ride them on a regular basis. Miles of posted 25 mph turns and high speed sweepers mixed in. When I ride them I am usually back and forth between 3rd and 4th gear and I like to keep the rpm's 7,000 and above. I have made some shorty peg feelers and I touch them regularly while hanging off slightly (one cheek).

Nothing too crazy, never taken it to a track day and I have never bounced the rev limiter, done big wheelies, or burnouts. I will take it up above 10,000 rpms when the need for speed gets the best of me.

Then I wonder why anyone would buy a sport motorcycle and not use it for its designed purpose. :confused:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
The problem is when someone puts "never ridden hard" you're taking their word for it. Mind you, they ARE trying to sell their bike and aren't going to put "I used to thrash this bike every day"

It always crack me up when i see an ad for a super sport and they say "has never been ridden hard" --isn't that what ninjas r's and gsxr's are made for? hard riding... yes i realize not every ss has been ridden hard but one ad comes to mind in particular, went something like this: "zx-14 mint....never been ridden hard or thrashed...FAST BIKE, i have personally hit 200 mph on this bike....."
Bike had all sorts of speed and power mods on it which leads one to believe they were a adrenaline/speed junkie....

On topic... to me riding something hard is more or less thrashing the bike, Pushing it to it's limit frequently, staying in the high end of the revs all the time...etc. But hey guess it's a matter of opinion :thumbup:

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have been lusting over a Triumph Sprint STfor a while now, not that I can buy one. Any way in many for sale ads the seller states "Never Ridden Hard", which begs me to ask, my most trusted motorcycle addicts, the question.

What is your idea of riding hard?

I have some great roads around me and I ride them on a regular basis. Miles of posted 25 mph turns and high speed sweepers mixed in. When I ride them I am usually back and forth between 3rd and 4th gear and I like to keep the rpm's 7,000 and above. I have made some shorty peg feelers and I touch them regularly while hanging off slightly (one cheek).

Nothing too crazy, never taken it to a track day and I have never bounced the rev limiter, done big wheelies, or burnouts. I will take it up above 10,000 rpms when the need for speed gets the best of me.

Then I wonder why anyone would buy a sport motorcycle and not use it for its designed purpose. :confused:

To me, it just says the seller is giving you a line of bull****.