Never lube your chain in gear with the engine running...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you okay!? There was a post about a year back and I hate thinking about it...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you okay!? There was a post about a year back and I hate thinking about it...

+1 there is already a thread about this and might even had some pics. Hope it's just a reminder not to do it and not because it just happened.

I just cleaned and lubed my chain this morning too. Getting the bike ready for the big West Coast trip with Lone and Krid.

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah i remember someone posting a link for gixxer forum where someone did it and snapped his fingers...

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah i remember someone posting a link for gixxer forum where someone did it and snapped his fingers...

Crap!!!!!!!!!

The only time I've done this I had the bike in neutral (you got to love the center stand) and I was using one hand to spray the lube and the other one to move the tire.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm fine. I always make sure my keys are in my pocket when lubing the chain, but thought about this while lubing my chain this morning. With the new season and new owners, I thought I'd put up a public service announcement.