Needed to show her some love.....

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not my wife, but my trusty XJR.

Since all the love over the past 6-12 months has been directed at Kazzas fizzer and my Speed 3, my trusty "armchair" had been neglected and was crying out for something to be done.

I said I'd never get a pipe for this bike, but with the "loudness" of the other 2 bikes, I just had to. I've fitted a Beowulf S/S stubby can with DB killer removed and wow, what a difference. A lot more mid range and top end. Bottom end pretty much the same. The can cost around AU$383 delivered to Aus from UK. They make them for fizzers too.

I also put a set of Rizoma handlebars on. After Kazza put them on her fizzer, and going for a ride on it, I found it a lot more controllable and comfortable. Perfect for the XJR. Fitted Rizoma bar ends at the same time.

Ridden the XJR a few times now and the difference is amazing. Feels like a different bike as the bend of the stock bars was quite deep, as shown in the pics. They are a little wider also, which gives a better feel. My riding position now is a little more aggressive. Bit less of an "armchair" now, LOL

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup:

Since all the love over the past 6-12 months has been directed at Kazzas fizzer and my Speed 3, my trusty "armchair" had been neglected and was crying out for something to be done.

I said I'd never get a pipe for this bike, but with the "loudness" of the other 2 bikes, I just had to. I've fitted a Beowulf S/S stubby can with DB killer removed and wow, what a difference. A lot more mid range and top end. Bottom end pretty much the same. The can cost around AU$383 delivered to Aus from UK. They make them for fizzers too.

I also put a set of Rizoma handlebars on. After Kazza put them on her fizzer, and going for a ride on it, I found it a lot more controllable and comfortable. Perfect for the XJR. Fitted Rizoma bar ends at the same time.

Ridden the XJR a few times now and the difference is amazing. Feels like a different bike as the bend of the stock bars was quite deep, as shown in the pics. They are a little wider also, which gives a better feel. My riding position now is a little more aggressive. Bit less of an "armchair" now, LOL

Now to state the obvious.....We need video! :D

Bike looks great! I know i bag these bikes as being Armchairs, but i do sorta see something very similar in my future...bit of a soft spot for the retro look naked's...

Cheers for sharing.

Oh yeah, some nice little LED indicators would look nice! and some bar end mirrors....

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to see I,m not the only one coping flak about a dirty bike.

As I am the Mod for this section I will :ban: anyone who mentions washing bikes in here ,lol.

Go wash your bike Mick...especially those wheels!!! :Flip:

:D:D:D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You know, you could show me some love too......

Flowers would be nice :D

As a thank you for me letting you buy a Beowulf pipe and Rizoma bars for your "armchair" ;)

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know, you could show me some love too......

Flowers would be nice :D

As a thank you for me letting you buy a Beowulf pipe and Rizoma bars for your "armchair" ;)
Well if you stopped buying things for your bike i might be able to afford to buy some bloody flowers. Have a look at your signature and see how many bunches of flowers you could have had :)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do we have to start talking about your Speed Triple mods, do we? :spank:

I'm only trying to catch up with you for the money you've spent over the years:

2 x ZX6
VTR-1000 SP1
Daytona 675
XJR1300
Speed Triple 1050