Need something to make it unique

Jon_Easling

Reaction score
Visit site
So I bought me a '08 fz6 and I love it and I enjoy doing mods but I need something to make it stand out and not so stock looking. I have the hid projectors with angel eyes (7color) and led under glow(15 color) and the fender eliminator. I was thinking like decals or some such. I really havent seen a whole lot cosmetically done towards these bikes on the tank or fairings. open to ideas.

randysway

Reaction score
Visit site
Look into getting some Vinyl Decals man. They'll really customize your bike and make it yours. Thats the only advice I have for you. Vinyls and some stickers. Other than that you can't do too much

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I observed a unique technique applied to FZ8, a guy blew the corner speed an pinstriped the whole right side on the guardrail, but that may not be your thing. :spank:

J/K!
Custom seat, exhaust, lower cowling, and switch up the engine and frame colors should distract a few! Post up a before picture and get creative! :thumbup:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
wrap the entire bike in aluminum foil.....

or you could take all of the yamaha badges off, and replace them with harley badges. it would confuse the hell outta some stupid rednecks. i saw a Suzuki DR650 with badges all over it from every brand except suzuki, it was hilarious.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

or you could take all of the yamaha badges off, and replace them with harley badges. it would confuse the hell outta some stupid rednecks. i saw a Suzuki DR650 with badges all over it from every brand except suzuki, it was hilarious.

I've done something similar to my Roland keyboard amplifier; its hilarious that almost nobody notices.... :D

DSC_0001.jpg

EDIT: Okay, something I was always going to do to my Yamaha synthesizer, and never did, but you could do to your bike: replace the "Yamaha" badges with ones that read "Yomama"! :BLAA:

Last edited:

Jon_Easling

Reaction score
Visit site
Look into getting some Vinyl Decals man. They'll really customize your bike and make it yours. Thats the only advice I have for you. Vinyls and some stickers. Other than that you can't do too much

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but didn't know if there was a site that did it just for fz6 or if I would have to go custom.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Be even more subtle and replace the tank badges with badges from Yamaha speakers, see if there are any REAL Yamaha aficionados out there who spot the difference.

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the custom paint my wife did. This is Pearl Jam's 'Green Disease' artwork. There are three lines from the song 'Dissident.' I genuinely feel the art when I ride.

dsc0320o.jpg

Joe

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Joe, that's hellacool!

Would your wife be interested in other custom work? Could she do this, and how much would she charge? PM me! :rockon:

2012-10-30-steely_dan_aja.jpg