Need Some Glue

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Took my (recently dropped) bike to the shop on Friday to have them reattach the turn signal, the only real damage to it. Mechanic took a look under the fairing and said they'd need to get a new fairing to do it, as it's part of the fairing. Of course that'd be a small fortune so he recommended I just glue it back on. Any tips on this, and what kind of glue do I need? Sorry I tried to get a picture but nothing would turn out. Thanks for the help as always.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
When I dropped mine I had the same break, I ended up taking it apart and using Gorilla Glue. It's strong and kinda foams out when it dries. You can find it at any Wal-Mart too.

XR650RPOWER

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't scrap it - JB Weld it! I love the stuff. Better than duct tape, haha. I use it all the time. It is a two part epoxy that hardens like steel. They also have the "Kwik" that sets up very fast. It's water-proof; petroleum-, chemical-, and acid-resistent; resists shock, vibration, and extreme temperature fluctuations, and withstands temperatures up to 500° F. J-B Weld Company - J-B WELD Product Information

The only problem with it is that they only recommend it for use on: iron, steel, copper, aluminum, brass, bronze, pewter, porcelain, ceramic, marble, glass, PVC & ABS, concrete, fiberglass, wood, fabric, paper -- just about any porous and non-porous material.

Give it a try!

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Got some similar adhesive and just glued it without actually taking it apart; the hold isn't exactly like a weld but I think it should do. We're supposed to see some nice weather in the next week so I'll definitely know sooner rather than later. Thanks!

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
It is glueable, both my FZ6's have the right side glued. I bought them both used and they came that way. The part that holds the signals is the fairing insert. They are a lot cheeper than a new fairing but still not cheep.

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Actually, looks like this fix didn't hold. I think I should properly take it apart now. I know I've seen a step-by-step for removing the front fairing, but am spacing on which of the guides has that. Can anyone point me to a thread with that?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Glue the crack, and apply fibreglass on the inside to strengthen it.
If it's a clean crack, a careful glue/fibreglass job followed by wax will leave it almost invisible.