Need help!!!!!!!

jdough7

Reaction score
Visit site
Tell him to get a new girlfriend, he shouldn't have a hard time doing that with his new bike! :thumbup::D

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Here ya go.....

The FZ6 is a standard, NOT a supersport.

It's got far better brakes and handles better than any cruiser. At any legal speed it's MUCH safer than a cruiser. That's why I bought mine!

Insurance is cheaper (use that to prove it's not a sportbike).

It's a great commuter bike.

You can easily do your own maintenance on it (no need to pull off chrome or lots of plastic). Just think of the money he'll save!

Parts for an FZ6 are MUCH, MUCH less expensive than those for a cruiser.

Tell him to tell her he'll take out a big life insurance policy on himself. Present it to her in a way that she knows he's being responsible and wants to take care of her if anything was to happen. He'll seem less selfish that way.

Last edited:
S

soul2coal

Very simple...It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission. MATT

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this is a tough one... Insurance cheaper on a fz6 than a cruiser??? Um nooooo. Cheaper to maintain.... Um no..... Better handling of course better brakes absolutely. As far as saying go find another girlfriend.... um thats pretty shallow.... I look at it this way Its my money I buy what I want. They aren't married yet..... I say he has a tough one on his hands!

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Boy does this sound familiar. My wife was/is quite against me getting a motorcycle. Oh we went thur it time and time again. The key is just like everyone says, you need to educate here.

Let her know that
a. Safety is foremost on your mind.
b. The FZ6 is not a crotch rocket in the traditional sense. It's listed more as a standard
c. It's easier to control than a cruiser, your center of gravity on the FZ6 makes it more advantageous to handling
d. Overall cost of ownership will be less
e. The motorcycle is only as dangerous as the rider. It doesn't move by itself.
f. Let her know how you view safety.
g. Inform her of the safety gear you will wear.

That's pretty good ammo. She may still disagree with your choice but it might not be as bad and that can open the door to more understanding on her part.

Good luck.

As for me, my wife was like, "there's nothing I can do to stop you from getting the motorcycle." I said nope. When I came home from Iraq I had my motorcycle 3 days later.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Boy does this sound familiar. My wife was/is quite against me getting a motorcycle. Oh we went thur it time and time again. The key is just like everyone says, you need to educate here.

Let her know that
a. Safety is foremost on your mind.
b. The FZ6 is not a crotch rocket in the traditional sense. It's listed more as a standard
c. It's easier to control than a cruiser, your center of gravity on the FZ6 makes it more advantageous to handling
d. Overall cost of ownership will be less
e. The motorcycle is only as dangerous as the rider. It doesn't move by itself.
f. Let her know how you view safety.
g. Inform her of the safety gear you will wear.

That's pretty good ammo. She may still disagree with your choice but it might not be as bad and that can open the door to more understanding on her part.

Good luck.

As for me, my wife was like, "there's nothing I can do to stop you from getting the motorcycle." I said nope. When I came home from Iraq I had my motorcycle 3 days later.

really confused where everyone is coming up with lower cost to own...... a cruiser will always hold its value better than "standard" or rocket...... Now if your talking in the sense of power then probably... But in the sense of cheaper to own....

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this is a tough one... Insurance cheaper on a fz6 than a cruiser??? Um nooooo.

This I can easily disagree with. Our insurance, Liberty Mutual, prices the policy based on engine size alone. My FZ6 is cheaper than my wife's V Star 650 by almost $200.00. And mine is only $287.00 for full coverage with a lot more than minimums for the year. Because she has the extra 50ccs, she pays the extra money. I do not know if this is Liberty wide or based on the state the policy was issued though. YMMV. ;)

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
this is a tough one... Insurance cheaper on a fz6 than a cruiser??? Um nooooo. Cheaper to maintain.... Um no..... Better handling of course better brakes absolutely. As far as saying go find another girlfriend.... um thats pretty shallow.... I look at it this way Its my money I buy what I want. They aren't married yet..... I say he has a tough one on his hands!

Insurance is cheaper on a FZ6, and they are cheaper to maintain than a cruiser.

CaptainCourson

Reaction score
Visit site
:Flip: first off i would trade her for the world, so i think those ideas are shot. second , i told her about how armored jackets and leather with help protect me along with a helment and i also convenced her i wont do anything even remotely crazy ( around her lol). I also came up with a plan as far as the money goes and but MAY 21st 2010 i will have my FZ6. now here is my problem. I LOVE my brother 08 and i was told that they (fz6) lost power in 09 and im not sure about next yr but i dont wanna lose power. what should i do ?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:Flip: first off i would trade her for the world, so i think those ideas are shot. second , i told her about how armored jackets and leather with help protect me along with a helment and i also convenced her i wont do anything even remotely crazy ( around her lol). I also came up with a plan as far as the money goes and but MAY 21st 2010 i will have my FZ6. now here is my problem. I LOVE my brother 08 and i was told that they (fz6) lost power in 09 and im not sure about next yr but i dont wanna lose power. what should i do ?

The FZ6 didn't lose power. The FZ6R is the bike that was de-tuned for a lower HP. No worries, as the FZ6 will remain the same. :rockon: