Need help to install my new turn signals!!

It's just being able to find it all.....now where is that thread about what Oil I should use??? :eek:

Funny you should mention oil. I was hunting around different forums and the web for info on oil and couldn't believe the different info I was reading all on the same oil. Some of it from experts that seemed to be smoking it and passing on their scientific research. :rof: Just amazes me!:eek:

Hi, I don't mean to barge in and change the subject, but I've got a similar question:

I just bought Rizoma track 77 signals to replace the stock front indicators.

I already changed the rear indicators, and followed Boneman's instructions, including buying and installing the aftermarket "custom LED" flasher relay.

Now that I've got my stock front indicators off, I see that they have three leads, but my new rizoma's only have two.

What is the simple solution?

I'm not going to do pods. I just want to get these front indicators on quickly.

Thanks.

Hi, I don't mean to barge in and change the subject, but I've got a similar question:

I just bought Rizoma track 77 signals to replace the stock front indicators.

I already changed the rear indicators, and followed Boneman's instructions, including buying and installing the aftermarket "custom LED" flasher relay.

Now that I've got my stock front indicators off, I see that they have three leads, but my new rizoma's only have two.

What is the simple solution?

I'm not going to do pods. I just want to get these front indicators on quickly.

Thanks.

You have three wires because you have a running light, directional light and ground. I don't know if there is a hookup to facilitate running a dual function in the front. Look at one of the front directional bulbs. You'll see 2 filaments. You might be able to set up a dropping resistor for running light and then on the other side of the resistor attach the directional wire for full brightness.
This is what the do with a lot of the tail light bulb replacement LED's.

If you have the faired FZ6 you could eliminate the running light wire from the directional and put pod lights in as running lights.

Last edited:
I never noticed that my fronts were running lights. Yes, it's a faired model.

In any case--I apologize for my technical ignorance--is what you're saying that I can simply cover connect the ground and the directional leads and just leave the running lead out? And then I'll have turn signals, but no running lights?

In which case, I would just cut into the male connector running from the stock indicators, and splice all but the blue wire into the connector, and then plug the male connector back into the female connector at the wiring harness?

Thanks.

In any case--I apologize for my technical ignorance--is what you're saying that I can simply cover connect the ground and the directional leads and just leave the running lead out? And then I'll have turn signals, but no running lights?

In which case, I would just cut into the male connector running from the stock indicators, and splice all but the blue wire into the connector, and then plug the male connector back into the female connector at the wiring harness?

Thanks.

You can just run the directional signal and not plug in the running light signal (which ever color it is) but you're technically not legal because I believe the running light is requires by law. Must have something to do with, if the the headlamp circuit fails, you still have some light to show up in the darkness...
Whip up some pod light in that space behind your headlamp lens. I think people have used R1 Pod lights....

Thanks.

If you want to easily make 2 wire into 3 wire for lighting, get some "Magic Blinker" relays from Custom LED (same place that sells the LED Flasher Relay) Custom LED Magic Blinker Relay - Convert 2 wire LED blinker to 3 wire

MBLINK_Small_wbg.jpg

These are made for this purpose. I bought these to re-wrok my front signals as I installed additional relays (see my web site), but these little suckers are much nicer and way easier to install!

Now, that being siad, if the Rizoma Track 77 signals are anything like the Avio ones, it sepcifically states NOT to use them as running lights. So make sure you check. If not, wire em up like Moto suggested.

EDIT: Just checked Pj's Parts web site and sure enough it states that the Rizoma Track 77 signals should NOT be used as running lights!!

Installation Note: DO NOT install this signal without the load box that is wired to it. It is required to convert the current to 6 volts. Not intended to be used as a running light -- this is a single element signal.
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=643

Last edited:
EDIT: Just checked Pj's Parts web site and sure enough it states that the Rizoma Track 77 signals should NOT be used as running lights!!

So, since my indicators should not be running lights, does this mean I should just connect the indicator lead and the ground lead from the bike to the two leads on the indicators--and just tape over the third lead?

By the way, thanks for the help.

So, since my indicators should not be running lights, does this mean I should just connect the indicator lead and the ground lead from the bike to the two leads on the indicators--and just tape over the third lead?

By the way, thanks for the help.

Yep. As Moto mentioned, find the GRND and the Signal 12+VDC and leave the 3d wire alone (constant 12+VDC). Tape it off.

So the bike wiring should be as follows:

Left Side:
BLACK - GRND
BROWN - Signal +12 VDC
BLUE - =12 VDC Constant (don't use this one)

RIGHT Side:
BLACK - GRND
GREEN - Signal +12 VDC
BLUE - =12 VDC Constant (don't use this one)

This is my wiring diagram that I used to connect my Watsen LED signals (also 2 wire). Ignore most of it, but it shows the above wires where they are attached to the factory grey connectors to the signals. I used some male/female quick disconnects between the wires to my LED signals and the bike wiring so if I ever needed to replace or swap out the LED signals, it would then be a 'plug & play' option.
(BTW my load resitors are in the wong place in this wiring diagram. They should be wired up to the Signal +12VDC not the Constant +12VDC)

LED%20wiring.jpg

Last edited:
Back