Need help to identifying the aftermarket exhaust can

08.FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
The exhaust is too loud for me and am planning to install stock exhaust.Am not sure what make is the exhaust and all that's written on the it is" Magnesium".
And one more thing , Is 06' stock can,rear fender,acc cable,clutch cable compatible with my 08'.

Manoj

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Kazza is dead on, on this and the magnesium stamping is on the tip. That's what the tip is made of. The other part of the cans look like aluminum. You can pick up a set of P1X tips (db killers) from Two Brothers Racing. It knocks the sound down -7 to -8 db. The db killer might be a cheaper all round solution. The are like $35 each. You might search and find them cheaper. You pull the tip, insert the P1X, replace the tip and it will be much quieter but IMO still much better sounding than stock.

Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart:

picture.php

08.FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
tcmalker ,I have deal for 06'can on ebay but would be great if someone knows if 06'can will go on 08' and if I have to do any adjustment to fuel injection system.

"Wolfman"...need your input

thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
tcmalker ,I have deal for 06'can on ebay but would be great if someone knows if 06'can will go on 08' and if I have to do any adjustment to fuel injection system.

"Wolfman"...need your input

thanks

Yes they are interchangeable. No fuel adjustment needed unless you remove CAT pipe. From what I understand the later bikes have CAT in the down pipe but also in the header. Then you might want to have you fuel to air ratio looked at just to make sure your running a happy motor. :D

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to have those cans. The inserts will kill all the annoying, booming bass you hear, especially at idle. They'll still be pretty loud, but they'll have a "racier" sound, if you know what I mean. If that sounds like it would make them better, give the inserts a try. If you want them MUCH quieter, then it's time to sell them, and get an OEM exhaust off here for cheap.

One more thing: looks like the previous owner ditched the rear hugger! Not sure if you like them or not, but that's something else to look at.

Edit again : No rear signals? I'd get something resembling signals on there before you run into a cop, or some cager bashes into you because they didn't realize you were turning.

Last edited:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found mine left my ears ringing. Just installed the tips and now its MUCH better. The stock can sounds like a sewing machine, DONT go there..get the tips

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey 08.fz6 I would 100% look into the two brothers P1X dB killers, in fact, I have a set that I'm willing to send you if you PM me free of charge!! I installed them when I got my "Top Tune Kit" from Two Bros and I just, for some reason, enjoy the obnoxious sound but I understand how it can be exhausting listening to the same note of your engine for a long trip basically amplified through a loudspeaker! I tell you what, I also have a 2005 Stock exhaust can and rear fender with signals included. If you (or anyone else reading this) are interested in that, I'll sell it for 75$ as a set. Everything had 6K miles on it when I removed it and if you make a reasonable offer and pay shipping it's yours. You let me know what you want. I suggest you go with the P1X tips, I'll even type up an installation procedure and send it to you with the rubber rings that you need to prevent rattling. Glad to do a favor for a new FZ rider, I uh...think you'd rather the performance of the Two Brothers Exhaust over a stock exhaust (if you look into it you're gonna pay about $800 for that exhaust, I would keep it if I were you and look into maybe a power commander or the JuiceBox pro from 2Bros). Love to hear from ya, take it easy.

-Grim

08.FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Does that tip make so much difference cause on thier website it says it reduces sound by 3 or 4 db.I really like those covers on stock can thats one of the reason am going back to stock .

I found mine left my ears ringing. Just installed the tips and now its MUCH better. The stock can sounds like a sewing machine, DONT go there..get the tips

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey 08.fz6 I would 100% look into the two brothers P1X dB killers, in fact, I have a set that I'm willing to send you if you PM me free of charge!! I installed them when I got my "Top Tune Kit" from Two Bros and I just, for some reason, enjoy the obnoxious sound but I understand how it can be exhausting listening to the same note of your engine for a long trip basically amplified through a loudspeaker! I tell you what, I also have a 2005 Stock exhaust can and rear fender with signals included. If you (or anyone else reading this) are interested in that, I'll sell it for 75$ as a set. Everything had 6K miles on it when I removed it and if you make a reasonable offer and pay shipping it's yours. You let me know what you want. I suggest you go with the P1X tips, I'll even type up an installation procedure and send it to you with the rubber rings that you need to prevent rattling. Glad to do a favor for a new FZ rider, I uh...think you'd rather the performance of the Two Brothers Exhaust over a stock exhaust (if you look into it you're gonna pay about $800 for that exhaust, I would keep it if I were you and look into maybe a power commander or the JuiceBox pro from 2Bros). Love to hear from ya, take it easy.

-Grim

Whoa! You're a good person! That is so good of you!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com

-Grim

WOW! People like you is why I enjoy this forum so much! Good people here. Good Karma is most certainly coming your way!

ClutchUp06

Not a 600...Not intersted
Reaction score
Visit site
if your looking to get rid of your two bros.. let me know and maybe we can work out a deal for trade for stock exhaust plus cash.. i would definitely be interested if you decide to sell them

- Ryan :thumbup:

08.FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Daniel ,
for those P1X sound suppressors you sent me,they work like miracle.I didn't except the 7/8 dbs sound reduction would make so much of a difference.It has completely eliminated the top high note of metallic Zing from the exhaust sound .Had it not for you I would not have tried the P1X and would have changed to stock can.

Manoj

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Daniel ,
for those P1X sound suppressors you sent me,they work like miracle.I didn't except the 7/8 dbs sound reduction would make so much of a difference.It has completely eliminated the top high note of metallic Zing from the exhaust sound .Had it not for you I would not have tried the P1X and would have changed to stock can.

Manoj

Yeah thanks Daniel :-/ he might have made a silly mistake and sold his cans cheap :angryface: lol