Need forks!!

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
Found out my forks are tweaked to I need to pick up some new or used ones. Anyone have a good set for sale? Oh and the tail section frame too.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
before doing anything check out Hellgate's R6 fork conversion thread, I would trade you mine over the winter for a set of R6 forks and i will worry about the spacers if you don't want to deal with it.

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll see if I can find a good deal on some r6 forks. Kinda on a low budget but luckily I'll be able to save up over the winter and buy new stuff for my bike in the spring. I looked up all the parts I need to make it like new and its about $1600... But 90% of it is cosmetic.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do the R6 forks. Everyone is right, by the time you buy a good set of stock forks you could buy the R6 forks. I paid $189 + $50 shipping for some '04s from Canada. Well worth the cost and effort to install them.

The difference on performace and comfort is night and day, and the fact that you can dial them in is priceless, really. ;)

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
See, why did you have to show those to me!! Now I have to go find extra money so I can get them. Hellgate, how much work is it? I need to replace the fairing as well so I'll probably do it at the same time.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the thread on my fork install. The installation of the fork is very easy, getting the correct shims is the difficult part. That is the decision you will need to make on the R6 fork vs. the stock ones. I am planning on keeping my old ones until I sell my bike one day when I'll put all of the stock parts back on.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/7411-r6-fork-mod-completed.html