My Wife's 2010 Divi Has Spoiled My FZ6 Ride!

Stevieb038

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode my wife's 2010 600 Diversion back from work today and I wish I had not. It rides like a dream. Easy to turn on the corners feels secure on the rubber and slow riding is easy. I love my FZ6, I love the chunky tyres, the twin exhaust, the build quality etc... etc.... but the feeling I had on the Divi I don't get that on the FZ6 and I want it. Only ever riden one FZ6 I can't compare but the history of my bike is as follows. 2004 plate, did 3500 miles up to 2007 on a ristricted 33bhp kit. 2007 to 2008 it did over 14'000 miles so i'm thinking someone toured on this. It may have been altered and set up to crunch the miles. Please give me hope with the FZ6 cuz I do love the look of that bike.....:confused:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't really compare.

Your bike is 8 years old. Hers is 2 years old. Hers would have up to date suspension, gearing, and obviously a newer motor.

Ride a 2009 FZ6 THEN the 2010 Diversion. You'd notice the FZ would be a bit different then.
:)

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually prefer the diversion to the older FZ6. I loved riding that FZ6R, just didn't feel as peaky as ours, and just as good. Needs a few things to compare to the newer FZ6 though

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a go on a Divi when my bike was being serviced.
It has different geometry to the FZ6 and slimmer tyres. Because of this the turn in is quicker. I liked the Divi to, but found it to be a bit gutless.

Nelly

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i heard the seat is pretty uncomfortable on the divvy

you could always refresh your suspensions a bit, change the oil, maybe the springs too, consider swapping the rear or having it serviced

Stevieb038

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't done enough miles on the divi to have an opinion on the seat as she want allow me to play that long. I do realise my bike is getting long in the tooth but I'd like to try a few mods to see if the handling can get a little closer to the divi. The build quality on the two bikes is miles apart the fz6 is much better.