My wife has joined the FZ6 club

Mike372

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and I now own FZ6s. To make a long story short, we both have had bikes for a year and a half. I started with a 2006 FZ6, and she had a 2005 Ninja 250. Her bike has had some problems lately. Fork seals needed replaced, carb was leaking fuel, shifter was leaking oil. In all, about $1000 of repairs after labor was added. Seeing the bike was only worth $2000, we traded it in.

She was convinced she wanted a Suzuki GSX, but I talked her into trading it for a new 2012 FZ6R. Needless to say, she absolutely loves it and wishes she had upgraded sooner. Now she just has to be patient and break it in.

On a side note, my wife was giving me all kinds of grief over modding my bike. Now she is starting a list of mods she wants to do (frame sliders, accent lights, replace the stock signals, fender eliminator, etc). If I didn't think it was so freaking cool I would give her a hard time. :rockon:

Last edited:

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! I came to razz you about posting pictures but you already saw to that... :thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On a side note, my wife was giving me all kinds of grief over modding my bike. Now she is starting a list of mods she wants to do (frame sliders, accent lights, replace the stock signals, fender eliminator, etc). If I didn't think it was so freaking cool I would give her a hard time. :rockon:

At least Christmas shopping will be easier for you now! :thumbup:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool! I bet you two look great going down the street. You should buy those frame sliders first to make sure that list doesn't get longer.

suter

Reaction score
Visit site
That's almost my story :)

I have 2008 FZ6 and my wife started on 2008 Ninja 250R. Even though the Ninja is a great small bike she couldn't keep up without keeping the engine in high revs. We upgraded her this year to 2009 FZ6R. Almost the same looking white one as yours but with pink and purple graphics (very girly looking bike with those stickers). She's very happy with it. She likes it more then Ninja. The bike is way more stable in speed and she's fine with more weight.

It is very different bike then my FZ6.

I've put frame sliders on it before letting her go. Paid off a couple of days later on our driveway. Frame sliders is not a mod. It's a money savers.

Last edited:

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
If I didn't think it was so freaking cool I would give her a hard time. :rockon:

:cheer::cheer::cheer: Your wife is the coolest. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

You need to share your attitude with my husband, please. :D