My Trip to MotoGP Indy 2013

Cece

Reaction score
Visit site
My first road trip and it was awesome! Racked up about 830 miles from the suburbs of Chicago to Indianapolis, plus a day trip out to Louisville, Kentucky for lunch. Saw some mountains and traveled down some fun roads.

All packed up with my Kriega bags.

Got enough room in my 20+10 for a 4-day trip. Very sturdy on the bike.

Gas Stop

Cece

Reaction score
Visit site
Having a one on one with Cece.

Mountain Side

Random guy checking out my bike after parade lap on the track

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gas stop?!?!? I don't see any gas pumps there! I think you just wanted a a blizzard! :BLAA: But who can blame ya!?!? Rock on girl!

Cece

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! The "On the road" pic was very random. Some guy in a truck saw us ride by and noticed our riding group sticker on one of the bikes and took pictures of us. He posted it on the forum later. He's part of the riding group, but I've never met him.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's really packing the bike, wow!

3 weeks today I will be in Misano for my MotoGP trip, can't wait!

BTW those huge stands at Indy really hid the 60,000 crowd that the commentators said were there, it looked like a ghost town.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
That's really packing the bike, wow!

3 weeks today I will be in Misano for my MotoGP trip, can't wait!

BTW those huge stands at Indy really hid the 60,000 crowd that the commentators said were there, it looked like a ghost town.

I think IMS has around 400,000 seats and for the Indy 500 they get about .5 million spectators. Motorcycle racing in the US is pretty low on the list compared to the sports that take 1 ball to play. But, y'all are more than welcome to come over next year :thumbup:

Two things that Indianapolis does exceptionally well is treating attendees like they really appreciate they're there and getting people in and out of IMS. Very impressive!

Misano, mmmm! Definitely on the list.

Cece

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, there were plenty of space around us, which is nice in a way. Sad that the attendance has dwindled down each year since they started at Indy in 2008. Where did all the fans go?

We got to have dinner with Rossi on Saturday night. Well...kinda...he was in the same restaurant :p