My Top Speed

My Top Speed is Determined by:

• The speed limit. I'm a laws person.

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Not a risk taker: 10-15 MPH over the speed limit. .

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • Comfort level. Over __ MPH I'm a little scared.

Votes: 41 18.1%
  • Chance of getting a ticket. Go as fast as I can get away with.

Votes: 82 36.1%
  • The bikes ability. Fearless!

Votes: 38 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

addy

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride around normally for the most part, Often carrying my wife as a passenger. So i am sensible then. But when i can get away with it, i don't mind opening the taps alittle. Top speed indicated so far is 237pkh/148mph. On the M5 motorway, late at night. Done it a few times with the same result.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride around normally for the most part, Often carrying my wife as a passenger. So i am sensible then. But when i can get away with it, i don't mind opening the taps alittle. Top speed indicated so far is 237pkh/148mph. On the M5 motorway, late at night. Done it a few times with the same result.

What riding position were you riding? Tuck or upright?

Robmac

Reaction score
Visit site
My top speed so far is 225 Km/h indicated (corrected to 210 KM/h actual) and she was still pulling, I'd have to guess that she had at least another 15 km/h left in her.

I recently did some testing with my GPS and my indicated speed reads 7% high, but my odo is bang on correct.

Last edited:

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I like to ride the conditions. If I'm in traffic, for the most part I will ride with the traffic. If I see a break in the traffic and I can pass a few cars I'll probably blast past.

If there's an open highway and it's late, no on ramps, I will open her up a little! Around town I behave...

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Too often I ride it like I stole it...

This summer, going to Germany, I managed to get 255 on the speedo (roughly 160 mph) on the autobahn in the draft behind an RS6;)

That was a rush:D

fireman

Reaction score
Visit site
If my speedo is off then it is off. I have opened it back up since my last post I seen 159mph again. I had my girlfriend following me on her bike, it tops out at 146 and she said I was pulling from her pretty good. Im 6foot and 145pounds. I dont have gps or the speedo healer, Im just telling you guys what I seen. I was in the tucked position.

addy

Reaction score
Visit site
What riding position were you riding? Tuck or upright?

Tucked right in. It's a little awkward on the fz6 to be honest. Tucking into a sports bike is easier. But when I tried for a top speed run I had everything in tight, head pretty much on the fuel tank.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
On a controlled bit of road I just got an indicated 140 @12K RPM. For some reason (probably the rear box) I couldn't get it to go past 12K in 6th. Maybe without the box I could squeeze a bit more out of it but I don't really care that much tbh. I'm about to do the -1 +2 conversion which will kill the top speed anyway.

FZ6 in Gresham

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a clear day, riding the highway, and traffic is light. I twist the throttle and watch the speedometer rise. My limit is determined by:

1) The speed limit. I'm a laws person. They were created for my own protection as well as others.

2) I'm not so much a laws person but I'm not a risk taker. I stay within 10-15 MPH of the speed limit.

3) My comfort level. I'm a little scared after __ MPH.

4) The chances of getting a ticket. I'll go as fast as I think I'll get away with.

5) The bikes ability. I'm fearless.

I voted #2 before reading the hole the question. Usually I ride within 10mph of the speed limit in town. Anyway, I've had it a little past 125mph doing a top gear roll on from 70mph. I loved how it built up then when it hit 100mph it took off like a rocket until I let up on the throttle:thumbup:.

niben001

Reaction score
Visit site
I voted the bikes ability, but I'm not fearless.

Around the city I usually go 70mph depending on traffic and conditions. The limit here is 45mph.

On the highway It's usually 90-100. on a 70-mph limit.

What about those pesky cops? :confused:

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
i have had mine to the 170ish mark with the -1 front once to see what it would do. she had a little more in fifth and still had sixth left but that was enough for me lol. i generally either ride mine on one wheel or i try to only go about 15-20 over the speed limit. unless im on the interstate. then its balls to the wall!

oh and i am "those pesky cops" lol