My rolling project, Streetfighter FZ6

Dean J

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

so i bought my FZ6 a couple months ago now and absolutely love it, but i have always had the urge to do something a bit different so i decided the FZ was a great candidate for some streetfighter action....

ill keep it brief for now, but basically this was the bike when i got it, missing some parts, sat for 3 years and generally not very loved for a while! :

20121014_140951.jpg

20121014_140931.jpg

Then i refitted some standard parts, de stickered her and made some small changes:

20121026_162558.jpg

20121026_162524.jpg

20121026_162549.jpg

Then over last couple weeks i decided to get stuck in, bike currently looks like this:

20121219_141754.jpg

Headlight unit mocked up ready for painting and fitting tomorrow:

20121219_153946.jpg

Future plans are an 07 R1 USD front, 07 R6 swingarm and shock, headlight ( not decided yet), respray ( colour is a secret until its done! will be classy, not in your face) wheels repainted, One off Carbon fibre undertray to suit the Monster seat unit, Power commander, quickshifter, and down a tooth on the front sprocket ( anything over 130mph is just nasty with the windblast, so losing some off the top speed is no problem!) and probably a lot more!

Be interested to see what you guys think!

Dean J

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers guys :)

This is how she stands now:

Well..... KOSO speedo is more hassle than its worth, so thats going back on ebay! :lol:

Headlight looks better in black, still not going to be permanent, but i can live with it for now!

But this is the bike ALMOST finished for now.... Think i want to paint the downpipes tomorrow, and maybe, MAYBE pull teh tank off and paint that too... not sure yet:

20121221_154250.jpg

20121221_154314.jpg

20121221_154242.jpg

20121221_154301.jpg

Dean J

Reaction score
Visit site
Ill get a decent video on boxing day guys, will be out with some mates so be easier to film then! sounds a bit rubbish at idle, but awesome when your on the gas!

Exhaust is proper backyard fabrication at its best,..... Its actually a Transit van exhaust tip, welded in a load of sleeves to make it fit the bike, and threw in a couple of home made baffles. Does the job for now! It will be replaced in next couple months, just waiting on seeing what money comes in etc over next few weeks.

And yeah you can run with no indicators over here, you can run with no lights if you really want to (although obviously you cant ride at night then), over here only requirement is a rear reflector ( which i have yet to fit....oops ) a registration plate, and a Horn.

:)

Dean J

Reaction score
Visit site
Nah the seat isnt as extreme as it could be! I wanted the tip of the seat to be level with the top of the tank, gives the bike that aggressive, canted forward look. We played around with the seat height and position for a while before we mounted it as you see it, thanks to the shape of the monster seat unit it is every bit as comfy as the standard FZ seat :)

Dean J

Reaction score
Visit site
The seat unit is a Ducati Monster seat, they are starting to get quite popular amongst the streetfighter crowd, so prices are on the up! As far as i know, this is the first FZ to run this seat unit...

Subframe we made ourselves, chopped the lower legs of the stock FZ subframe off and mounted them 180deg round, which gave a fairly decent line into the bottom of the seat, the rest we made ourselves from Steel box and some heavy duty bar for reinforcement, and some tabs welded on for seat mount points. It sure aint too pretty, but when its all together you cant really see it ( and wont at all when i get round to building a CF undertray for her. )

This was sorta a test run anyway to see how it all mounts up, what i intend to do when i get onto the next phase of work is to pull the subframe off, and have it replicated in Aluminium to save some more weight ( i reckon iv lost a good 4 kgs off the back with the work done so far)

Ill see if i can dig up some pics of the BYF subframe!