My pride destroyed

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear you got checked out medically. Don't ever think of using the brakes as "slamming", firm controlled squeezes on the front can stop you in an amazingly short distance. Practice. Practice. Practice.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As for the wreck the women pulled out like less than 15ft infront of me and I knew if I had slammed on the front brake my bike woulda flipped on me with not enogh time to slow down .

Understanding the basic physics of a moving motorycycle will go a long ways. You will not flip over, but you could go into an immediate low side crash if you apply the front brakes too hard. Maximum braking is applying both brakes without locking either wheel. This is achieved by progressively squeezing both brakes, as the bike get slower and slower you squeeze harder and harder. Kind of like slowly squeezing an orange and eventually seeing the juice begin to flow out.

Your speed and 15 ft, swerving was your only option. Not braking.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you made out ok. You are lucky to be alive. Good luck with the rebuild, but make sure you heal up first. Remember, a concussion can have long term effects if left untreated, and is a common condition from being knocked unconscious...

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S INFUSE using Tapatalk

Dartanubis

Reaction score
Visit site
Current bike progress.

Still missing alot of my parts taking forever for them to arrive, Least i got almost all my fairings on besides the inner ones for now.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Current bike progress.

Still missing alot of my parts taking forever for them to arrive, Least i got almost all my fairings on besides the inner ones for now.

Glad to hear the bike is coming along, but more importantly, how are YOU healing up?

D

Dave.TX

Now's a good chance to find a used FZ1 or FZ6R handlebar. Unless you liked the stock handlebar, that is. I got a Renthal Road Medium and like it a lot.

Dartanubis

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I'm doing alot better the cracked ribs were in a cast for a 1 1/2 months they said it didn't need to be in it any longer than that since it wasn't broken just a lil bigger than hairline crack in my left and a couple hairline in the right and i could bandage it tightly and not aggravate it or don't get punched or take a blow in the rib/stomach area and ill be fine.

And i ordered a FZ1 handle bar after looking on here for after market parts that it was better and made a more aggressive riding stance, just waiting for it to arrive now.

Appreciate the support guys :thumbup: ill be sure to update on myself and bike progress as time goes on.

Dartanubis

Reaction score
Visit site
JUST got finished splicing my new flush mount and mirror indicators.

Sorry if pic is a bit blurry taken at 2am and on my ipod :(

*edit*

Thought id add the new pics i took of her fully fixed (besides windshield and broken grab handle...)

Last edited: