My new (same) seat

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all:

I wanted to wait and get a few hundred miles in before posting so as to be sure I got a good deal.

I've been wanting to get a new seat for my FZ ever since I purchased it back in 2008 but have been putting it off due to the cost. I don't know where I came across this guy, but do check out Frank Turnier at greatdaytoride.com. For the small fee of $75 plus two way shipping, I now have had my seat, "re-stuffed" and it's MUCH better. Looking at it, you'd never know that it has been modified, but sitting on it proves to be a much better experience. I told Frank as we swapped emails prior to the surgery, that sometimes I actually looked forward to red lights just so I could have an opportunity to stand up for 40 seconds or so. Now, I can honestly say that emptying my fuel tank without stopping is no longer an issue (at least from the standpoint of my butt).

If you're considering a Corbin or Top Saddlery seat, do check out the website above, you'll end up with a much improved seat and $400 to spend on other mods.

Jay

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear it. I'm torn between spending $400+ on a seat, shaving/padding the seat on my own, or leaving it to someone who knows what they're doing. I think I'll suffer through this summer, then get this done when riding season is "over" in New England. I see a couple of FZ6's in his gallery, if I hear more positive things about his work, I may do it sooner.

pedge1

Reaction score
Visit site
I found out about Frank's work on this forum 2 years ago. His work is top notch, my reworked seat is the best mod money I have ever spent. I have talked several friends into sending seats to Frank and no one had been disapointed.:thumbup:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear it. I'm torn between spending $400+ on a seat, shaving/padding the seat on my own, or leaving it to someone who knows what they're doing. I think I'll suffer through this summer, then get this done when riding season is "over" in New England. I see a couple of FZ6's in his gallery, if I hear more positive things about his work, I may do it sooner.

Just an fyi, Frank has very good turnaround time. I sent my seat to him right before the beginning of the riding season and the turnaround time was 1 week including shipment via ground both ways. Doubt it would be much different from MA.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently also got my seat "Spencered" and I agree it's a great mod. I asked him to give me a little more space by moving the hump in the seat and did just that.

Beats the heck of of paying $400 to TS to get the same effect.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the Supracor mod and, when I first tested it, things seemed much better. Frank says it takes a couple of tanks of gas for things to mold to you. Well, that is done and it feels a little less good. Still, better than stock but it, somehow, does not feel as nice as that first test. May be me and not the seat. Worth the money IMO but not a huge improvement.

Tim

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
damn i wish he could install a backrest for the gf....cuz i dont feel like spending over 400 for a corbin seat

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
damn i wish he could install a backrest for the gf....cuz i dont feel like spending over 400 for a corbin seat

Are you thinking of putting luggage? If so, hick cases have optional backrests for pillion riders

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you thinking of putting luggage? If so, hick cases have optional backrests for pillion riders

hick cases?? just googled that didnt see anything. are you talking about the givi cases?? i already have some neslon rigg cl 900 saddle bags

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hick cases?? just googled that didnt see anything. are you talking about the givi cases?? i already have some neslon rigg cl 900 saddle bags

ROFL... ah... the "smart" spell check on android and my early morning accentuated lack of attention... "GIVI" was what i meant. Sorry.

:stupidpc: btw, we need to come up with a similar smiley for a smartphone.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ROFL... ah... the "smart" spell check on android and my early morning accentuated lack of attention... "GIVI" was what i meant. Sorry.

:stupidpc: btw, we need to come up with a similar smiley for a smartphone.

lol its ok...i would like the top cases but idk if that bracket will fit around my m4's i heard it was meant for the stock exhaust... looking around ppl pulled it off w leovinces