My New Ride

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I went and picked up my new ride today. She's a beauty, just seriously needed a bath. PO had all the maintenance records and everything. The only thing missing was the extra key. But 2009 is the year Ducati did away with the red key, so I can just take mine to Pop-a-Lock or something and get a RFID key made.

It came with some OEM accessories: a fender eliminator kit, integrated LED tail light, and a gel seat. Also, Pazzo levers and the HEL braided stainless line kit.

And those aren't scratches in the side pics, those are reflections.

2012-05-19_14-28-19_112.jpg

2012-05-19_14-28-49_71.jpg

2012-05-19_14-29-02_162.jpg

:ban: Maybe?

Like the GS500F I'd been borrowing? lol.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I want a Diavel, but just can't afford one right now... But I love the monsters too. It's about 80lbs less than the FZ6, and makes 11 more lb-ft of torque. It's quite noticeable, to say the least. ;)

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike! I actually saw a Monster and FZ6 parked at a little BBQ Ribs shop on my way to Frozen Head today. Those things look oh so sweet!

D

Dave.TX

Ducati's are sex on wheels, pure and simple (except the butt ugly Multistrada, which is improving). Maybe the FZ6 has comparable power and weight numbers to a 696 but what you can't get riding an FZ6 is that Italian magnetic draw. They're the Ferrari's of motorcycles, Yamaha's are the Camaro's (for the masses). My BMW parked next to an FJR would get more comments and looks, pretty sure of that. You did well, Grasshopper. I love Ducati's.

Saw a Diavel in Maryland this past week. He was trying to speed through heavy traffic and not doing such a good job but dang, it was a good looking bike. Still like the Monsters better.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, I've always wanted a Monster since the first time I saw one. Riding one is awesome, and plus I actually like working on my bikes. I was known to tear down my FZ6 for no other reason than I was bored.

And hearing one in person is awesome. It sounds like a mean, raw, highly tuned racing machine. The Desmosound files on Ducati.com don't do it justice.

And, in my opinion, trying to compare a FZ6 to a Monster, is like trying to compare a V6 coupe mustang to an original Cobra. They're both cool cars, but... At some point, who cares about the specs on paper? ;)

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice!
Early in my career, a guy where I worked got a Monster, I think it was a 900. Not knowing much about bikes then I still knew it was expensive. I didnt understand why it didnt have a fairing....BUT, I couldnt take my eyes off it!!!!
Enjoy it:rockon: