My new, improved, totally AWESOME seat...

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hey all!

I FINALLY, after the 10 longest days of my life received my Top Saddlery seat today!!

Here are some pics of the adventure getting it home. It's 30 deg. Celsius today, so I couldn't talk myself out of not taking the bike.

View attachment 28969
I probably should have had a red marker flag hanging off this... :D

View attachment 28970
Wide load...

View attachment 28971
TS packed the saddle in your old 1960's era shag carpet :Flip:...see? They recycle too! :thumbup:

View attachment 28972
The seat pan... Is it normal that the little rubber dampers are not there?

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Nice TS seat! You'll LOVE it!

Had mine on now for almost a month and it pretty much shakes hands with my a$$ every time I sit down. :thumbup:

If you can, post up your ordering/fabric specs so others looking at your seat and wanting to order something similar will know what materials to use.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you can, post up your ordering/fabric specs so others looking at your seat and wanting to order something similar will know what materials to use.

Designation : Type 1 deluxe seat
YAMAHA FZ6 FAZER 600 [≥ 2003]
Model Year : 2005

Colors and materials
Front of seat : SEL003
Front strip : SEL003
Seats : SEL003
Strips :SEL003
Edging : SEL090

Stitching and embroiderery
3 cm stitching line : Silver
Lettering style : Outline lettering
Thread color : Silver
Text : FZ6

Designs on seats
Designs : no

Shape, Gel®, seat heater
Shape : standard
Gel® : both
Seat heaters : none

Base options
Choice : I buy a base

you are my hero. can't believe you lugged it home like that.

Lol. Thanks... I rode 17.32 kms each way. 15 mins in traffic to get there, and almost 45 through traffic back... I was so afraid I was gonna lose the rear seat bag on top of the box. :eek: I was like an 'old Bitty riding... ROFL. :rof: Totally worth it though!!!

massfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like there is a small gap at the back of the seat where it sits on the bike, is this so? Seems like this is standard with TS seats -- maybe when TS provides the base?

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like there is a small gap at the back of the seat where it sits on the bike, is this so? Seems like this is standard with TS seats -- maybe when TS provides the base?

There is indeed a small gap at the back of the saddle, and a slightly larger than normal gap at the front where it meets the fuel tank as well. I had assumed that this was normal...? My bigger concern is that there are none of the little rubber vibration dampeners on the TS seat pan like there are on the OEM saddle... Am I supposed to transplant from one saddle to the other? Does the TS saddle not require vibe dampeners due to its supreme awesomeness? ;)

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is indeed a small gap at the back of the saddle, and a slightly larger than normal gap at the front where it meets the fuel tank as well. I had assumed that this was normal...? My bigger concern is that there are none of the little rubber vibration dampeners on the TS seat pan like there are on the OEM saddle... Am I supposed to transplant from one saddle to the other? Does the TS saddle not require vibe dampeners due to its supreme awesomeness? ;)

Yes, you are suppose to more them from your OEM to TS seat. It fits better after you do that.

crash 01

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm new to the site and a new owner of a 2007 FZ; I have been reading alot of posts and learning alot and I really like the look of your seat. Can you tell me if it is good for long distance trips and where are they made? I'm in the US and wonder about ordering, shipping...

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm new to the site and a new owner of a 2007 FZ; I have been reading alot of posts and learning alot and I really like the look of your seat. Can you tell me if it is good for long distance trips and where are they made? I'm in the US and wonder about ordering, shipping...

:welcome:

I just installed it today, and rode ~120km with a pillion rider (my fiance). She was totally stoked that she wasn't sliding around, which was a major concern on the stock saddle for both of us. She would slide forward into me, and thus put more weight on my back and arms = not so comfortable. :thumbdown:

I noticed that I stayed firmly planted, and even without the rubber dampeners installed, felt next to no vibrations. I find that the saddle is a bit wider, which allowed my to straddle the fuel tank a bit better. It is an awesome saddle, and extremely comfortable. I had mine built with gel in both parts of the seat, so that may have made a difference. :thumbup:

As for where they're made, Top Sellerie (the official name of the company) is a French company, with a warehouse in Normandy (where all the saddles are made). These seats are more expensive than the Yamaha comfort saddle, but far cheaper than a Corbin saddle.

I personally have owned a Corbin saddle on another bike, but by comparison, this saddle blows it away.

Hope this helps...:D

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The gap between the tank is due to the seat being wider I think. Being wider means more comfortable but means small gap with tank.

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. That thing looks plush. I had seen some TS threads but had been too lazy to click them, so I wasn't sure what they looked like. I guess your thread title drew me in :).

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, your pics really illustrate the gap between the seat and tank. Looks like it isn't noticable unless you're on the bike, though, and if it makes it more comfortable, definitely worth it.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The gap between the tank is due to the seat being wider I think. Being wider means more comfortable but means small gap with tank.

Yeah, your pics really illustrate the gap between the seat and tank. Looks like it isn't noticable unless you're on the bike, though, and if it makes it more comfortable, definitely worth it.

The seat is definitely wider in the riders position. My fiance says that she feels like she sits a little higher too, and this is evinced by the new tap marks on the back of my helmet from hers (I believe it's called 'Turtle F**king'). +++++ comfortable saddle. I can't believe these are not sold stock. Definitely an upgrade I would have bought as a package when purchasing the bike.

The gap is really not that noticeable, unless you're one of the super 'attention-to-detail' types who hang out on here. :rockon:

Terri_One

Reaction score
Visit site
i took a 400km ride on Saturday with the original seat and my butt was sore at two points.. On Sunday, i changed the seat to TS and took a brief ride. I could clearly feel the sore points on my butt and found that the TS seat cushion the butt differently. It seems to provide better support. The seat is higher though (i will be changing to higher bars) and i have to tip toe a little (i am 5ft10), thats ok.

i will be shipping my bike over to China for a 1740km ride from Beijing to Shanghai. Will see how this seat holds up.

And yes, there was a gap between the tank and the seat, but it does not bother me.

lsherrer

Reaction score
Visit site
Gorgeous seat. Did you have to send in your stock seat in order to have it made? I looked into that company before I bought my Corbin, but they wanted to have the stock seat in order to make it.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gorgeous seat. Did you have to send in your stock seat in order to have it made? I looked into that company before I bought my Corbin, but they wanted to have the stock seat in order to make it.

Sorry for the delayed response. No, you do not have to send in your seat pan. You can buy one directly from the manufacturer, or you can pay a deposit. On receipt of your new saddle, you send them your old stock seat pan and they will reimburse your deposit.