My mileage has suddenly jumped by 1000+ miles!!

RDly

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, sorry to dive in with my first post with such a ridiculous question, but today I disconnected my 2003 FZ6 battery to remove a fire hazard left by the previous owner. It was only disconnected for no more than 30 seconds, but when I switched the ignition back on my recorded mileage had jumped from 2400 to 3550!

Has anyone seen this and if so what steps can I take to remove the unwanted 1000+ miles?

TIA

KEEF

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you switch from miles to kilometers??? (Search the forums for the correct method, but I believe you just hold one or both buttons until it switches).

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you switch from miles to kilometers??? (Search the forums for the correct method, but I believe you just hold one or both buttons until it switches).

that is a heck of an idea, worth checking (although the math does
not quite work, 2400 miles = 3862 km)

RDly

Reaction score
Visit site

Thank you clunk, it must have reset to KPH as a default, god knows why as the UK is MPH, anyway all sorted and I'm now a happy bunny, many thanks, KEEF :thumbup:

RDly

Reaction score
Visit site
that is a heck of an idea, worth checking (although the math does
not quite work, 2400 miles = 3862 km)

I wasn't being entirely accurate to the last mile or kilometer, but I'm now happy. Shame it does the exact opposite by default to what the country of sale has ie: I live in the UK and Miles are the standard, I could understand it if I lived in Frogland and saw KPH but I don't!!

Falcon1220

Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I could navigate between miles and km.
We use km in Canada but the USA use miles.
I do ride in the US some days.
I read my owners manual from front to back and cannot see anything to show that it can change between miles and km
Faster blue 06