My homemade fender eliminator

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
Completed my home made fender eliminator today, wired in Hyperlites and the2wheels model zero LED turn signals. I figured I would save myself the money on ordering one online and make a custom one with space for my new hyperlites to mount

I made the FE out of an old computer case, it was around 16 gage steel, ended up being perfect to bend and cut and whatnot. I used a jig saw with a metal cutting blade to make most of my cuts, a bench mounted vice and a steel brake to do the bending, and a pedestal bench grinder and wire wheel and a dremel to clean everything up.

I should probably have finished cutting before doing all the bending, made for some interesting cuts later

I made the 2 pieces separate so if I wanted to change the design of one later I wouldn't need to redo everything
Belleville-20130516-00501_zpsaae29270.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All primed and ready for paint

On the bike with hyperlites and new turn signals

I didn't show it in the pictures but the final wiring was all zip tied together and wrapped in electrical tape, not dangling like in the pictures. One of the harder parts was wrapping and hiding the in line resistors for the turn signals, they were pretty bulky and not put together the best, I found a place for them behind the left pod

Hyperlites are super bright, turn signals aren't bad if your at the right angle, all that's left now is to adjust the angles and go for a ride

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks really good - best way to hide the resistors is to get an electronic flasher relay. I learned this from MotoGiro - I had resistors from the2wheels and one shorted out blowing a fuse, yanked them out and everything worked much better.

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
get an electronic flasher relay. I learned this from MotoGiro - I had resistors from the2wheels and one shorted out blowing a fuse, yanked them out and everything worked much better.

I actually have a spare heavy duty LED compatible flasher relay kicking around in my tool box from my old bike, not sure if the plug will be the same though, where is the flasher relay on the FZ6? I was looking under the pods but couldn't seem to find one

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually have a spare heavy duty LED compatible flasher relay kicking around in my tool box from my old bike, not sure if the plug will be the same though, where is the flasher relay on the FZ6? I was looking under the pods but couldn't seem to find one

Great design and fab work!

Your flasher relay should be on the left side of your front fairing. Down low inside the fairing. It will be on a rubber mount that slides on a tab inside the fairing. You should be able to reach from underneath and slide the flasher relay upward off the tab and then pull it downward to swap it. If it's a 2 wire type that you have kicking around it should work. If it doesn't switch the wires. :)