My friend the Harley guy...

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Pretty funny story. I've never really looked at Harley's but this one I'd own if someone gave me one. Even though it's not really my kind of bike, the Night Rod Special does look pretty bad ass. 1250cc V twin should pull the 670lb bike pretty good. It's not in the same class as ours, so there's really not too much to compare, but I think it's a good looking bike.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I have no problems with Harley's never feel the need to trash the bikes. They do have a huge following. I do have a problem with a few of the idiots that drive them. Their attitude is sometimes childish... of course you can find this with sport bike riders also.

Blakester122

Reaction score
Visit site
@OP - I just remind myself that at the end of the day. I can do everything you stated and more. Come up and not have to rebuild the thing. HAHAHA.

A lot of guys I ride with ride HDs. They are good people, and we give each other crap all the time. One of them Has over 200,000 miles on the same chassis and replaced the engine around 150,000 miles. He just does normal maintenance and it runs great. Not sure what model.

I do agree they do require more work than some, but I think that depends on the model and who's riding it.

I do like the HD Sportster, but it must be cafed. They look awesome when they are turned into a cafe racer bike.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think we can really compare those bikes. They are for 2 different type of riding. It's like trying to compare a minivan and a Corvette. They are both great bike built for two different purpose. SS riders have squids, HD riders have posers! LOL

When I went to Laconia I rode with my uncle and I made a lot of new friends. Of course they were calling my "Rocket". But they were all nice to me, even if I was the only one riding a "rice rocket". Most of them use to ride SS and one of them use to race also. Now they are in there 50's and up and want to cruise around and be comfy.

I'm not planning of buying a HD anytime soon, but some of those bike are great for what they are build for. Because to be honest with you, if I had to ride the flat slab 12-15 hrs a day for a cross country ride for 2-3 weeks... I won't mind a big bagger with huge saddle.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I would never buy a Harley, but I like a nice cruiser for touring that's why I bought a 1635cc Victory Kingpin instead...I wave at harley's in my mirrors often.