Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But I was at work and there is a $55.65COD! :shakehead::eyebrow::disapprove:

This is worse than waiting for Christmas... :(

<<<< The next day >>>>

When I saw the photos of the FS slip-ons last week I called FS to see of the full system was ready for shipping. It is so I ordered up a set. Seven days later they arrived from Italy.

A bit of background...I've wanted a "proper" exhaust for my 11 prior to buying one. I've never liked the OEM one and sporting V-Twins like 2 into 1 into 2's best; Duc, Aprilia, etc. So I waited and waited, and waited some more. I picked a Jardine only for dyno testing so the 4 Gas probe could be inserted deep enough to get an accurate reading; but I never liked it. FMF's full system looks nice but it's way too loud for the street.

The install was straight forward, took about 5 hours, with a couple of trips to Sears for tools; 22mm socket, and a 10mm swivle head socket. Instead of rotating the engine I dropped the swingarm. Next time I rotate...

The fit and finish is outstanding. Easy install with minimal manipulation.

The sound is very nice! Much fuller than the Jardine and it no longer sounds like a giant lawnmower.

Performance wise it makes the motor smooth as silk! I took my bike in for the 062 flash today and my mechanic rode it before and after and was amazed at the before ride. The after didn't net that much difference.

I've got dyno and DB plots from FS but they've asked me not to share them yet. I can tell you is makes some nice gains over the entire powerband.

I was hoping to dyno the bike today by life ate several hours out of my schedule and I'll try in a month or so.

Oh, this is the first one in North America, for what it's worth.

Better photos tomorrow.

View attachment 23524

View attachment 23525

View attachment 23526

View attachment 23527

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! That's some SWEET engineering! Looks great Pete!

How hot does it get on the right side of the bike though?

Need a fly-by video now. ;)

C

CombatPenguin

So when do we get a video clip of the sound? I need to replace mine but the after market ones didn't look good (they didn't fill the gap leftover when you remove the stock exhaust), but that looks great. Does it give off anymore or less heat vs the stock?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! That's some SWEET engineering! Looks great Pete!

How hot does it get on the right side of the bike though?

Need a fly-by video now. ;)

Thanks, its really neat, all hand made by little Italian elves. :rolleyes:

HOLY SH*T the right side is HOT! It was 75 today and at a traffic light I could have baked a potato in about 10 minutes! I had jeans on and I was ready for the light to change. Cools quick and stays cooler at speed however, odd. I'll probably get it ceramic coated this winter...when I feel like wrestling that rear manifold. What a chore....

I'll try to get video next weekend, gotta go kill "Ivans" this weekend.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You know, Just looking at the pictures of your bike makes me realize more and more how we're loosing something really dear that these bean counters can't begin realize. (Sorry if any of you count beans for a living) The Buell was the one place I feel like America had a say in the art of getting around a corner fast and furious. Was looking at Wavex's Buell the other day when we stopped and I'm amazed at what we're capable of in our country but are willing to toss for all the wrong reasons.

The pipes look amazing! Look at the welds and materials. Have fun Pete. You deserve it!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
wow Pete I had missed that thread! Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!! now we need:

1) a photo of the whole bike in daylight
2) a sound clip or video
3) to get back on the track together ASAP :D

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
oh also, have you ever considered the full fairing?

513690.jpg

513697.jpg

(not in these colors though since I know you're not a fan :D)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It will be next weekend before I can get good photos and video. I'm hut-2-3-4ing it this weekend.

I do like the fairing but I'm not sure if it will fit over the headers now! If it's not one thing it's another...:D

Here's the story on the fairing...HD sent a bunch of fairings to the dealer for free so they could dress the bikes up to help sell them. That was prior to the "Buell Fire Sale". Well dealers selling them for suggested retail still, $499. I'm going to wait and see what I can find on Flea Bay in the dead of winter. It think $300 is a fair price.