My every day in FL

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The sun, the palm trees, the water.. not a bad way to spend a week :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk5m_ATdpr8]Riding near Daytona, FL - YouTube[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't see any gators on the side of the road!? :D

This winters been very mild, especially compared to the rest of the US... :)

I have to do this every once in a while.... :rolleyes:

Okay everyone is invited to Scott's for beer and Gator nuggets! Blah

Thanks for the ride Erci! :)

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! Never did much riding (at all) when I lived in FL, but I definitely miss that place.

The best place to see gators, that I know of, is a few hours south on "alligator alley" going across from Ft. Lauderdale to Naples. It's a mostly straight road that cuts right through the Everglades.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
a little jealous from South Carolina! - but we do have Mountains!
enjoy your day! :thumbup:

We traded in the hills and mountains for 365 riding. I couldn't handle winterizing the bike and being in a cage for literally months...

NC, Tennessee, SR 129, etc isn't but 10-12 hours away for the twistie "Fix"/ vacation. I do love the Smokie Mountains but am done with snow, no thank you..

Once I had to tie a gator (when I was still working as a PO) to the back of my police car (little guy) as he was near a school until the proper "gator folks" arrived.

+1 on I75 (Alligator alley) and US 41 are known for wild gators on the side of the road. There is a rest top to see wild gators. That is besides the tourist traps with air boats for getting into the Everglades..

Oddly enough, I never had gator (to eat) but would certainly try it!!! :thumbup:

fire561

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to live about 30 minutes from Daytona for about 11 years. Sorry to say guys but the winter is when you see more gators out, they sun bathe for the heat. You don't see and there because that's either salt or brackish water (a mix between salt and fresh water heavier on the salt) out by Daytona. There may be a few gators but not many. And as far as hills in Florida... Overpasses are about the best you get, or the bridges over the intercostal. If you can find some back roads though they can get fairly twisty though! Have a good vacation man and enjoy the weather! Hope it doesn't rain on you!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL.. I came back 2 weeks ago to miserable NJ, but I had a fantastic time!!

Went snowboarding 2 days ago and man was it weird switching to Summer mode and then back again to Winter!!

Oh well.. boards are definitely put away now! Warm weather is just around the corner :thumbup:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL.. I came back 2 weeks ago to miserable NJ, but I had a fantastic time!!

Went snowboarding 2 days ago and man was it weird switching to Summer mode and then back again to Winter!!

Oh well.. boards are definitely put away now! Warm weather is just around the corner :thumbup:
haha yeah, it's finally nice temps out but all rainy! :ugh:

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
I really do need to get a helmet cam; one for added security/safety and just so I can film some great riding vids! For those days i'm not riding