My bike is finally coming together the way I want it to!

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Will take a few pics tomorrow, as it was dark when I was finished with the stuff I did tonight:rolleyes:

I have lowered the front end by 10 mm, I mounted the much wanted bellypan (Puig) a few weeks ago but haven't shared any real pics of the bike with that on yet. I have also painted the rad guards matte black.

The really fun part is the headlight assembly with the OEM Yamaha alu faring that came with the bike when I got it, which I also painted matte black to match the radiator guards. I've been fiddeling with the idea of lowering the whole thing as I believed the screen was too tall, but there was a few problems with that. Among other things, the bottom triple was in the way... I had to come up with something else. Which turned out to be fairly simple, actually. I just fabricated three mounting brackets that allowed me to lower the headlight and the assembly around it by roughly five cm's. By doing that, the headlight and faring are also moved forward by maybe a cm or two, which adds to the much more aggressive look! Now the screen just barely cover the instrument cluster, which is exacly how I wanted it.

Here is the bike without bellypan, new paint etc:

img8206v.jpg

I'll post new pics tomorrow:Flip:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Here we go:thumbup:

Stopped by the opera house, which I thought could work well as a background.

03082010280.jpg

03082010281.jpg

03082010282.jpg

Oh, and where did the ugly OEM rear indicators go?:D
03082010283.jpg

I got to do something to the front indicators too...
03082010278.jpg

03082010277.jpg

03082010274.jpg

On my todo-list right now, is of course do something to the front indicators. Probably swap them out with a couple mini LEDs like those on the rear. Then there are white wheel stripes next. I also have an idea that I'd like to try for the headlight. I happen to have a couple of square meters of black glossy car foil lying around, which I think could be quite cool on the lens glass, just making a hole for the projector to shine through. Might be a project for this afternoon:Flash:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good :thumbup:

BTW ,I reckon you could use that building as one hell of a jump ramp ,lol

A french guy allready did that:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWh9tO9KJ5U&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Extreme Trial Invasion in Norway[/ame]

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Really nice. I like the headlight surround too :thumbup:

I Had tinycators at the rear and stock fronts on mine for ages,but have swapped the lot out for mini arrow led's ( I have had to bugger about with load resistors for them though) :rolleyes:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
looks good :thumbup:
are any opera houses normal shapes:confused:

I guess you would know that, right? ;)

You wouldn't believe how much it cost us, the tax payers... That said, the building is really nice. It kind of "floats" in the water and everything you see is Italian marble. Besides, it has become a tourist magnet of large proportions which you can see from my pics:rolleyes: