My Bike after a winter of work

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes full disassembled, wheels, forks, all componets, all it for the most part hand polished, neverdull is awesome stuff.. I went through a divorce and this is how I decided to spend my winter......I will shoot some good pics with my good camera...
yes all painted to match..

Ok I changed the bars to some straight drag bars I bought on ebay, I hated riding this thing on the highway, it was to up right and got hit with a ton of wind. The new bars work great and the $20. was well spent. I was kind of thinking the clip on's but I am just not sure, maybe some more miles on it first to see.
Suspension is stock right now, but I was conidering building a walker evans shock out of some spare parts I have.. This would give me a remote adjustment for rebound.. as for the front I have no idea what to do.. I think the bike handles well as it sits so I might just leave it.

Tires and suggestions out there?

Thanks

Sorry to bust you bubble but no one likes a lier....

You could have just said hey check out this sweet bike I just bought...

http://www.fz6r-forum.com/forum/f87/2009-fz6r-what-24584/#post323799

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm... He actually never said HE did it, to be fair. But I agree, it can easily be interpreted that he himself did all the work.

He kind of makes it very clear that he is claiming to have done all the work when a month or so ago he didn't even know what it was when he bought it
What he said...
Most of my work was cosmetic, I am not out to win any races...

He also said that he made the chain guard on a water jet, when it was on the bike when he bought it...

Not trying to take anything away from a great looking bike, but I can't stand when people take credit for something they bought

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to bad to keep clean, I wipe it down and it looks great, I have a 1000 miles on it since I polished everything. Thats the great thing about polished aluminum, it is easier to care for than chrome.

I am really happy with the final look. Its funny how many people comment on it in the parking lots.

Motor is basically stock with slight head work, thanks to my buddy how owns a head shop.

Most of my work was cosmetic, I am not out to win any races... just wanted one that looked different.

I beg to differ on the polished aluminium being easier to care for than chrome...

What did your Buddy do to the head??? am very interested to know.

:thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Everything on my bike (except for fitting the s/steel b/lines) I did my self
and I'm proud of it and it gets lots of comments that makes ME feel proud of my bike
SIMPLE

jafgreen

Reaction score
Visit site
The chainguard looks like it's one of these!!!

FZ6*04-09*Chain*Guard*::...

Thought i had seen it before somewhere!

So made it ourselves did we!

Lol!

Yep I have access to 15 water jets and 80 CNC machines, I seen it on a different site, that where I got the idea from.... "SO MADE IT OURSELVES DID WE" No I made it, you did not help.

as for the chrome!!!! Chrome is a coating one scratch, stone chip and it flakes. I have waxed my polished aluminum once... 1100 miles on it and all I have down is wip it down.

Heads, well I was pretty clear on what he had done to it....

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep I have access to 15 water jets and 80 CNC machines, I seen it on a different site, that where I got the idea from.... "SO MADE IT OURSELVES DID WE" No I made it, you did not help.

as for the chrome!!!! Chrome is a coating one scratch, stone chip and it flakes. I have waxed my polished aluminum once... 1100 miles on it and all I have down is wip it down.

Are you Still saying you did all this yourself...

Did you forget about the post where you bought the bike and didnt know what it was...

This post
http://www.fz6r-forum.com/forum/f87/2009-fz6r-what-24584/#post323779

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Dude, you posted a picture of the bike in the dealership where you bought it, i reckon, with that chain guard on it! Did you make it for the bike, before you bought the bike, and have the dealership put it on for that photo!

I reckon you are tugging our chain!

There it is, i am calling it too!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Shame on you OP!

We're a good bunch over here. If we do the work, we post about it. If we got a mechanic to do the work, we post about what the MECHANIC did.

You don't need to bull5h1t the FZ6 forum.

We're MUCH smarter than you think we are.....

:spank:

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread is a total:

train-wreck-1.jpg

The poor guy will never post a question about his bike if he has one! I think we ought to ease up. He owns one of our bikes even if he can't remember who did the mods. And he paid someone for it; he didn't just nab a hot bike off the sidewalk...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread is a total:

train-wreck-1.jpg

The poor guy will never post a question about his bike if he has one! I think we ought to ease up. He owns one of our bikes even if he can't remember who did the mods. And he paid someone for it; he didn't just nab a hot bike off the sidewalk...
No way!

We are a great forum. We are welcoming and offer encouragement for new members.

This guy is just trying to big note himself and lying at the same time.

Not interested. Sorry :(