My Bike after a winter of work

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know if the clip on bars work on these bikes, also any suspension mods out there to try..

I Think the CBRXX Blackbird stock clip-ons work without hitting the tank. As for the suspension, Racetech has stuff for the front forks, and I believe Ohlins has some rear suspension, as well as a few other companies.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great man, nice work! I believe there are clip-ons that work, just search for it and you will undoubtedly find some posts. There are also ample threads on suspension mods and there are options available for the front and the back.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! I normally do not like chrome/polished/shiny but man this looks good!!!! Did you paint those Powerbronze fairings to match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jafgreen

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes full disassembled, wheels, forks, all componets, all it for the most part hand polished, neverdull is awesome stuff.. I went through a divorce and this is how I decided to spend my winter......I will shoot some good pics with my good camera...
yes all painted to match..

Ok I changed the bars to some straight drag bars I bought on ebay, I hated riding this thing on the highway, it was to up right and got hit with a ton of wind. The new bars work great and the $20. was well spent. I was kind of thinking the clip on's but I am just not sure, maybe some more miles on it first to see.
Suspension is stock right now, but I was conidering building a walker evans shock out of some spare parts I have.. This would give me a remote adjustment for rebound.. as for the front I have no idea what to do.. I think the bike handles well as it sits so I might just leave it.

Tires and suggestions out there?

Thanks

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, all polished, to THAT much of a shine, that's a hell of a lot of hours. Mad props for that much devotion. Also, welcome to the forums! Tell us your other mods too :D

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks absolutely great :drool:
Now try to keep it as shiny and clean as it is :eek::D
The bike is designed to be ridden, you know :spank::rolleyes:

Grtz,

Degake

jafgreen

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks absolutely great :drool:
Now try to keep it as shiny and clean as it is :eek::D
The bike is designed to be ridden, you know :spank::rolleyes:

Grtz,

Degake

Not to bad to keep clean, I wipe it down and it looks great, I have a 1000 miles on it since I polished everything. Thats the great thing about polished aluminum, it is easier to care for than chrome.

I am really happy with the final look. Its funny how many people comment on it in the parking lots.

Motor is basically stock with slight head work, thanks to my buddy how owns a head shop.

Most of my work was cosmetic, I am not out to win any races... just wanted one that looked different.