MT - 07 Tracer!

Eeewww. Don't like that at all. Looks like an old style BMW cardboard box on wheels.

If you look at the MT-09 tracer (linked in that article) you'll see a modern FZ6. If I were shopping for a direct replacement of the FZ6, that's where I would look. Yamaha definitely recognizes they had a great bike!

OK! Looks good so far. It hasn't been beaten with the ugly stick as far as I can tell. Normal tidy proportions, not all jacked up on stilts, no hideous fake gas tank air scoop like a protruding nostril. Looking at you FJ-09. I hope the gas tank allows 200+ range, and a centerstand is either std. or at least optional. This platform will soon be raced with factory support in AMA dirt track if the rumors come true so a tracker/scrambler version should be, maybe, the best seller of them all. For me though this MT-07 Tracer is the logical evolution of my beloved FZ6's. It is a nice looking motor too.

I wonder how the height is going to be. MT09 Tracer is way too tall for me, or at least I am not tall enough. And the handlebar seemed too wide.

Back