MT-01 what gives?

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Had never heard of or seen this bike before this post but I actually really like it after checking it out! To be honest I like the other two MT models as well. Really is a shame they don't offer these in the states but I got a feel the price tag would keep many potential buyers away.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, can't compare long stroke to a short stroke. That's like complaining about a shot of whiskey burning your throat and citing wine as a smoother alternative. The whiskey maker has heard if wine but decided to make some whiskey this time instead.

My 942 is a fast reving vtwin, makes more HP than torque, it's torquey, but not like the mt.

Basically they wrapped a cruiser engine in a standard chassis.

When you hear a short stroke twin working it has a much different sound. Power everywhere!

AVI test1.avi - YouTube

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
evil grins . . . . @8.4:1 c/r its begging for blower! :BLAA:

Crazy torque way low - you'd think it was damned diesel engine: Maximum Torque 15.3 kg-m (110.7 ft-lb) @ 3,750 rpm

Our little fz idles at 1/3 of that! lol

D

Dave.TX

Dave.TX, you mean "SUZUKI" B-KING.

That's what I said. Must've been a moderator that changed it to make me sound like a moron. Yeah, that's it.

:BLAA:

Can't say I've seen any B-King's on the road either. I know a guy that has one but haven't seen him ride it.

I guess the reason certain motorcycles aren't sold in the USA versus anywhere else in the world is we're more picky about what we ride (image) whereas other areas of the world (like Europe) choose their bikes more for their own practicality.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess the reason certain motorcycles aren't sold in the USA versus anywhere else in the world is we're more picky about what we ride (image) whereas other areas of the world (like Europe) choose their bikes more for their own practicality.

Isn't this why the FZ6 didn't do very well in the US? I guess the Kawi Z750 falls into this category too. Really is too bad. The funny thing is girls don't even know the difference so if your buying a bike to impress girls it really doesn't matter what you buy....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Dave.TX

Isn't this why the FZ6 didn't do very well in the US? I guess the Kawi Z750 falls into this category too. Really is too bad. The funny thing is girls don't even know the difference so if your buying a bike to impress girls it really doesn't matter what you buy....lol

Yessir. The Z750's were pretty good bikes, just didn't sell many here. A guy I have ridden with has a Honda NT700V sport-touring bike. Popular in Europe, didn't sell well here. It's a fine bike, a lighter weight sport-tourer than the ST1300's and similar. Seems like that would be popular but it isn't.

I'd also have to say the U.S. isn't the most business friendly country either with all the bureaucracy and regulations, hoops they have to jump through to sell a motor vehicle. Spending a lot of money to sell something that only brings marginal profit (if any) isn't worth it. Manufacturers have to check the pulse and recent history of what has or hasn't sold to determine if they'll try it. Yamaha apparently seems to think the MT-01 will not sell enough units here to justify marketing it.

Is it like the Harley XR1200R? Will it compete with that and the Ducati Monster 1100? Triumph Speed Triple (I know, it's an inline 3)? With its massive 1670cc twin it's so much more engine but is it better? Would someone choose the Yamaha over those others or something else?

02EPT_6-01.jpg

M-1100evo_2012_Studio_B_C01_1920x1280.mediagallery_output_image_[750x423].png

Rizoma_Speed_Triple_1050_1_d.jpg