MSF Course

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So I am taking the mandatory MSF Course in order to ride on a military installation next week. I just sent in a form that they needed so I can ride the bike on to the post for the course and was told that I cant use my FZ6 for the course because it is a sport bike. I cant tell you how disapointed I am. I was really excited about practicing the basics on my bike which would be the most benificial to me but now I will probably be riding a Honda Rebel 250. Oh well, at least after next week I will be able to ride to work. My tantrum is over......

Last edited:

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't worry, when i took it we had to use the provided bikes (i think i had a 125cc or 25cc Honda Nighthawk). You really don't want to use your own bike anyways, lots of clutch abuse. Have fun, learn what you can and THEN practice with your own bike.

fz6Soldier

Reaction score
Visit site
Where are going to put your decal? I had to put mine on the Wind shield because I didn't really see a good spot on the forks. You may want to start looking for something removable.

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got an email back about the course. The bikes they use are:

Honda Rebel 250, Suzuki GX 250, Kawasaki Ninja 250 and Kawasaki Eliminator 125.

Well, I guess the bright side is I should be able to whip one of those around like it is nothing. I still wish I could take the course on my FZ6 though. She will be jealous that I was out riding a different/smaller bike.

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Where are going to put your decal? I had to put mine on the Wind shield because I didn't really see a good spot on the forks. You may want to start looking for something removable.

Thats a good question. The decal(s) for Fort Eustis are huge & I dont want it on my windscreen. I will have to try to come up with something removable.

Maycyn

Reaction score
Visit site

Most everyone on base here keeps their decals on their kickstands. Just an option.

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to mention the best part of the course. It is mandatory so I get 2 days off from work to do one of my favorite things (RIDE). I dont care if we are doing the basics and I don't really care what I'm on. I get to be on a bike instead of at work.:rockon:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to mention the best part of the course. It is mandatory so I get 2 days off from work to do one of my favorite things (RIDE). I dont care if we are doing the basics and I don't really care what I'm on. I get to be on a bike instead of at work.:rockon:

Well, you can't beat THAT!!! Two days off to hang out with a bunch of motorcycles!! :thumbup:
Half of my MSF BRC class was military (experienced) riders that needed the safety card to ride on base, and they said they actually learned a lot in the class, so hopefully you will enjoy it. (Don't worry, your FZ will forgive you!) :rolleyes:

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
You need to take the Experienced Rider Course if you want to use your own bike. I'm not sure if that meets the requirements to ride on a military base. Plus, it is only one afternoon off work for you.

Last edited:

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
You need to take the Experienced Rider Course if you want to use your own bike. I'm nit sure if that meets the requirements to ride on a military base. Plus, it is only one afternoon off work for you.

I have to take the Basic Rider Course 1st in order to ride on post. I plan on taking the Advanced Rider Course and the Sport Bike Course that the Army offers once I finish the BRC. It's all free which is GREAT!

Maycyn

Reaction score
Visit site
USCG actually. Boyfriend has been in for about 13 years now. Must be nice to get to retire at about 40 years old =P