Mr. Police Officer

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I'm coming home today on the HOV lane moving along at a pretty nice speed. I see a cop has someone pulled over and his squad car is mostly off the road. I can't switch lanes cause there are cars to my left. Of course I'm thinking of slowing down.

Bam, he pulls onto the road right in front of me. He's driving slow as all hell too. Fortunately for me, I kinda anticipated it so I was already slowing down but I had to brake harder than had planned.

Protect and Serve! I'm sure that means not causing possible accidents. When I passed him he acted like he had done nothing wrong.

Earlier, a lady pulled out in front of me. I guess it was pull out in front of Ryan day.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I'm coming home today on the HOV lane moving along at a pretty nice speed. I see a cop has someone pulled over and his squad car is mostly off the road. I can't switch lanes cause there are cars to my left. Of course I'm thinking of slowing down.

Bam, he pulls onto the road right in front of me. He's driving slow as all hell too. Fortunately for me, I kinda anticipated it so I was already slowing down but I had to brake harder than had planned.

Protect and Serve! I'm sure that means not causing possible accidents. When I passed him he acted like he had done nothing wrong.

Earlier, a lady pulled out in front of me. I guess it was pull out in front of Ryan day.

Sounds like you need to get yourself the 140 decibel Stebel Horn. It would have worked great in both cases. I have blasted my horn at a cop car here in Vegas when it made a bad lane change on me and I made sure he knew it.

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you need to get yourself the 140 decibel Stebel Horn. It would have worked great in both cases. I have blasted my horn at a cop car here in Vegas when it made a bad lane change on me and I made sure he knew it.

That's awesome! Tonight I flashed my lights at a cop (I realized it was a cop only after we passed each other) to warn him of another cop sitting hidden in the bushes ahead :)

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the stebel, I use it I dont care if it is a 16 year old kid, a old lady, or a cop they are all people! everyone makes mistakes and it is important that they know it! I have also used it towards a tractor trailer that pulled out of a parking area from the other side of the road and almost took me out. He knew he had done wrong and made sure I knew he realized and he was sorry. So horns can be a great thing!:rockon:

P.S. I love my horn :)

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Today walking to work, I had a lady try and run me over 3 times, turning into the roads I was passing without a blinker and without slowing down. She was obviously lost, and kept trying to take me out at the next corner. All it would take is someone not paying much attention to traffic and she would probably have run them over the stupid .......
Its always the people in fancy cars too.

Sorry for the hijack there :p

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
Forget CHIPS on Harleys, this is how they do it in Northern Ireland :D

4111238861_ff52276d75_o.jpg

W

wrightme43

Just another human that made a mistake. Most cops are actually cool if you are.

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some (most?) cops are like a big, rabid dog with a chainsaw. They just look for an excuse to use their power and they dont care about the laws they might abuse to get their quota.:spank: No offense to the good ones. But to the rotten ones;:Flip:

Sorry, I just had a bad day, I had to rant because I got a stupid ticket for going 5 mph over the posted speed. wah.

Last edited:

PB Hand

Reaction score
Visit site
This is exactly the reason that I ride with my high beams on at all times. Others may be annoyed by it, but I'll gladly take any advantage I can to be seen on the road. If they are annoyed, then mission accomplished.

bcdiesel

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I'm coming home today on the HOV lane moving along at a pretty nice speed.

That might say it all, small narrow objects make it hard to estimate the speed that someone is going. Granted he obviously made a mistake, but you seem to admit to speeding anyway. I'm not saying that you're one of these, but there are a lot of terrible riders out there that seem to blame others for there poor habits. I've pulled up beside another rider at a red light and told him what a moron he was for stunting in and around traffic. After that he stopped doing it as seemed surprised another rider on a bike told him off. There may be some bad police officers, but I guarantee you, there are even more bad riders.