Mountain ride, photos

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I woke up and went out to see how my fizzer was doing. She told me that she was super bored and couldn't believe I was going to make her stay inside the garage on such a nice day. Being the generous person I am we compromised and agreed that she could go up into the mountains if I could ride on her back the whole way. So off we went! She took me up to my favorite little burger place about 6,000' up into the Sierras. We passed the entrance to Lassen National Volcanic Park on the way back down. The park was closed but I stopped to take some photos. We also went past the sign to Tehama Wildlife Area which I had never been to so we ventured on in. Most of the roads were gravel so I couldn't get too far. The whole thing was just short of 200 miles and we reached a maximum altitude of about 7,500'.

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics.
A couple weeks back I rode with a few buddies up the Feather River canyon to Quincy. Decided to keep going on over to 49 to get back to Nevada City. Lots of snow on the sides with wet sand (melting snow) in places. My FZ was filthy we I got home.
Where are you? Chico?

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics.
A couple weeks back I rode with a few buddies up the Feather River canyon to Quincy. Decided to keep going on over to 49 to get back to Nevada City. Lots of snow on the sides with wet sand (melting snow) in places. My FZ was filthy we I got home.
Where are you? Chico?

Yes sir. I went straight up 32 to Lake Almanor then over 89 back down through Red Bluff. You're not too far either. I thought about going all the way through to Susanville but that's just a crazy long haul.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I woke up and went out to see how my fizzer was doing. She told me that she was super bored and couldn't believe I was going to make her stay inside the garage on such a nice day. Being the generous person I am we compromised and agreed that she could go up into the mountains if I could ride on her back the whole way. So off we went! She took me up to my favorite little burger place about 6,000' up into the Sierras. We passed the entrance to Lassen National Volcanic Park on the way back down. The park was closed but I stopped to take some photos. We also went past the sign to Tehama Wildlife Area which I had never been to so we ventured on in. Most of the roads were gravel so I couldn't get too far. The whole thing was just short of 200 miles and we reached a maximum altitude of about 7,500'.

I like the personification of your bike. She takes you out, you give her permission to go out if you can sit on her back. Interesting :thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics. Still can't get my head around all that snow :eek:

Looks like you had a great time, glad the bike was a willing participant in your "get-away", burger looks delicious too :thumbup:

:)