Motorsports Hero Wide test

gpwanabe

Reaction score
Visit site
Mounted the new camera on the FZ and went for a ride. Nice little camera with a lot of mounting options.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdtLpyf8AE8&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Motorsports Hero Wide on an FZ6[/ame]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2349

Nice video, what did you end up paying fo the Cam? I love the scenery, Man do I miss AZ. Only lived there for a couple years, but fell in love with it. Retirement's only 37 years away :(

gpwanabe

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice video, what did you end up paying fo the Cam? I love the scenery, Man do I miss AZ. Only lived there for a couple years, but fell in love with it. Retirement's only 37 years away :(

Paid full price ($200) at Cycle Gear so I could use it this week. Amazon had it for $183 a few days ago. Checked Amazon today and it can now be had for $173.[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Motorsports-HERO-WIDE-Megapixel-Degree/dp/B001K3LUQ4]Amazon.com: Gopro Motorsports HERO WIDE 5 Megapixel 170 Degree Lens Camera (Silver): Camera & Photo[/ame]

D

Deleted member 2349

Paid full price ($200) at Cycle Gear so I could use it this week. Amazon had it for $183 a few days ago. Checked Amazon today and it can now be had for $173.Amazon.com: Gopro Motorsports HERO WIDE 5 Megapixel 170 Degree Lens Camera (Silver): Camera & Photo

Nice I think someone else on here got one that was a sport model came with a wrist strap that they mounted to a frame slider...don't remember seeing any vids from that angle(slider)...but too rich for my blood right now.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What is the definition like when you put it on a TV screen and what do the stills photos come out like.

If both answers are positive I will be getting one of these.

Steve

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
What editing software are you using?

Your quality seems to be better than mine, and I was blaming it on youtube.

I am using movie maker and I think it might be compressing too much.

-bryan

gpwanabe

Reaction score
Visit site
I gotta get me one of those. Did you mount it with the mount that came with it? Are you happy with your decision so far?

I used the suction cup mount that came with the camera.

So far so good with the camera, I've only used it once but the video came out good and I like all the mounting options that came with the kit.

It could get expensive if you use lithium batteries, I went through the first set pretty fast. I'll try some NiMH rechargable batteries next.

gpwanabe

Reaction score
Visit site
What editing software are you using?

Your quality seems to be better than mine, and I was blaming it on youtube.

I am using movie maker and I think it might be compressing too much.

-bryan

I use movie maker as well. I use the best quality for viewing on this computer or dvd quality
options when saving.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im determined to get one of these before summer, unfortunatley they are very expensive in the UK..costco were selling action cams for £79.99 last week..dunno what they are like tho,cant even remember what brand they were

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mounted the new camera on the FZ and went for a ride. Nice little camera with a lot of mounting options.

Every time I see the clips from the Hero cam, makes me wanna get one even more. ( They cost $470 over here :eek: )

Great vid, great scenery (although lots of straight bits.. ozzyboy would have been cringing watching that :rof: ).

And all edited with Movie maker, that's cool.

Thanks for sharing mate.

:)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Every time I see the clips from the Hero cam, makes me wanna get one even more. ( They cost $470 over here :eek: )

Great vid, great scenery (although lots of straight bits.. ozzyboy would have been cringing watching that :rof: ).

And all edited with Movie maker, that's cool.

Thanks for sharing mate.

:)

I couldn't finish watching it...lol.:eek::eek::eek: I'll have to get one of those eventually. The frame rate, rez and wide angle make for wicked vids:thumbup:.

Cheers
Mike

D

Deleted member 2349

Geeze I just went to the GoPro website...they have lots of options for cheeper kits and regular lenses too...fleebay has some decent prices too...

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks,

Music is by Joe Satriani (Flying in a Blue Dream).

Good choise.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURCBOmCwaE&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Blue Ridge Parkway (Mile Marker 200-190)[/ame]

But see the differnece in quality? I have some things I need to work on...

-bryan