Motorcyclist texting at 80 Miles/hour

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder how many motorists get "counseled" when they get caught breaking the law? Nice to be above it all.

Ragnar

Reaction score
Visit site
What a dolt.

As a new rider one of my favorite things about riding is not having access to my phone. It's really the only time I can't get to it.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just rented that same bike...the r1200rt! Not only can you talk/txt on your phone, you can eat your lunch while listening to the built in radio and using the auto pilot...ummmm, I mean cruise control.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What a putz... That's what makes all officers look bad, one dumb a... apple (at least in this picture). There's idiots (or at least lack of judgement) in every profession...

As a retired PO of 25+ years in an inner city, (also on motors (HD's) for about a year), trust me, they (we weren't) are Not above the law. Maybe a verbal warning, maybe a day off, likely depends on how many times he's been in trouble. But who knows what he got. Its public record..

A day off without pay is alot more than a ticket...

(And yes, I am biased towards the police).

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Texting and riding a motorcycle is no big deal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJP-XhY_SCw]Incredible, Texting While Riding a Bike! - YouTube[/ame]

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just rented that same bike...the r1200rt! Not only can you talk/txt on your phone, you can eat your lunch while listening to the built in radio and using the auto pilot...ummmm, I mean cruise control.

:needpics:

:justkidding: ....:BLAA:

But I'm curious to see a pic of the bike :thumbup:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Arnt police officers paid salary?

I have a specific pair of headphones a wear n one ear to listen to music. If somebody calls i push the mic button and can talk. I have texted on a bike before but il never do that again.

Irks me everytme I see these moral authorities doing stupid crap like this.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Arnt police officers paid salary?

I have a specific pair of headphones a wear n one ear to listen to music. If somebody calls i push the mic button and can talk. I have texted on a bike before but il never do that again.

Irks me everytme I see these moral authorities doing stupid crap like this.

I know I was paid, I suspect most are. :confused:

And Yes, I agree it was/is stupid.

I believe nowadays, most bike cops likely have a speaker in one ear and a helmet mic for calling and answering the police radio for calls. If this is the case he would have one free ear.

Could he put your set up in the other ear, I'm sure he could, however, now he's got speakers in both ears, making listening to both the police radio and phone likely very difficult, plus listening to the outside world is hindered (not good)...

I'm certainly not making excuses for him, but pointing out the other, very likely, possibilty .

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I text all the time in my bike, at any speed.

Sena SMH5 to my Windows Phone, all voice activated, no buttons to push, no taking my eyes off the road.

Easy!

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess that driver used his hands-free, Bluetooth camera to take that picture at 80 mph. ;)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was on my way yesterday in my Toyota 4 runner (cage) to get the A/C fixed. The shop is about 45 minutes away.

I notice this lady, 6 lane road, (divided with a grass median only), just a typing away on her phone (texting), really, really paying hard attention to the phone, barly looking up at approx 50 MPH for traffic. Really scary but she was in her lane, just about doing the speed limit...

I made sure I was in the furthest lane away from her (3 lanes SB on US41 to Naples), then LEANED on the horn HARD when I was a full lane away from her, but even with her!!!!

Her head popped up, scared the snot out of her!! She looked around, couldn't figure out where the horn came from.

It was really funny and she won't forget it... Hopefully she won't hurt anyone either...

Point being guys and gals, be careful out there, these folks are out there sharing the road with us...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Her head popped up, scared the snot out of her!! She looked around, couldn't figure out where the horn came from.

It was really funny and she won't forget it... Hopefully she won't hurt anyone either...

And even if she did learn her lesson, there are thousands of others out there who'll continue to practice distracted driving. We can't fix them all (if any) :(

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There was this lady in her car texting and I gave her a blast of the stebel, she dropped the phone in her lap looked around guiltily, then flipped me the bird ,mouthed f*** off and picked up the phone where she left off. I just took off to put about ten cars between us.

I like giving a scare but boy I get cheesed when they dont give a toss.

I hope they never have a friend/family member hurt through this carelessness. same goes for me and my friends/family

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a personal experience that showed me texting and driving is no good.

I was pulling out of the mall in Escondido a couple years back and I was texting out , "I can't text, I'm driving". Mrs. Sandctrev had been blowing me up this day. But before I finished I rear ended some one. DUMMY. Poor guy. The guy I dragged into my mess gets out of his car to see me screaming foul words. Once I realized what was going on I shut my mouth and went to apologize and see if all was well. Luckily he felt all was well enough to let me go with no exchange of info against my request.

It's all a mess. Shtuff does happen.