Motorcyclist texting at 80 Miles/hour

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And even if she did learn her lesson, there are thousands of others out there who'll continue to practice distracted driving. We can't fix them all (if any) :(

Agreed, but, if it keeps her from hurting one person, it was worth it (and didn't take much effort).

I was in a cage (much bigger than hers) and she made me very nervous.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I will ride my bicycle on my errands around town and will go hands free (on the bicycle) to text. :cheer:

FYI, I think this story is exaggerating the 80 mph part, there are 4 highways around Tempe that this could be done on, which the speed limit is 65. The picture taker is supposedly tracking with the cop, never happen, the cops will let you follow them up to 75 but not to 80. The surface streets never in a million years could you hit 80 for more than a couple seconds without full concentration.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I ride, I put my phone in my pocket. I may or may not feel the vibration of an incoming text or call just since my gear is pretty thick, but it just stays in my pocket until I get off the bike. How hard can it be to do the same thing in a vehicle?

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I listen to my music on my phone when I ride. I hear the tone when I get a text, but it is zipped up in my tank bag and I always wear gloves (ATGATT). So I could not text if I wanted to since it is touch screen. I am guilty of doing it in my car on occasion, but I make sure I'm the only one in the area before I do.

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The phone stays zipped up in my jacket when riding. I don't notice any texts or calls coming in, and it can usually wait for me to pull over if something's important like, say, dinner plans on the way home from work. :D