Motorcycle Superstore coupon anyone? - Buying tires

markersniffen

Reaction score
www.marksniffen.com
Hey All,

I'm looking at buying a set of Pilot Road 3s today or tomorrow before I go on my first long trip -- Anyone happen to have a motorcycle superstore coupon lying around that they might be willing to share?

Thanks!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful the PR3s don't delaminate on you that has happened to others.
(and the Frenchies just ignored it)

I strongly recommend the Metzeler Z8 Interact tyres for similar money.

Comparable long-life with no known failures.

Cheers,
Rick

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Wish I could help you out with a coupon. I too will buy new tires soon.

There are some known problems with PR3 as the prior forum member has stated.
you can search this forum and read all the horrible details

I am using PR2's now and think they are the best. Have 12k on them and still have plenty of tread

When I go to get new tires in a few weeks I am getting another set of the PR2's

If anyone knows where a good deal can be found, please post up a link

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

I'm looking at buying a set of Pilot Road 3s today or tomorrow before I go on my first long trip -- Anyone happen to have a motorcycle superstore coupon lying around that they might be willing to share?

Thanks!

Rick's giving good advice. There have been 2 members here that have had these tire come apart on them. I've never seen a bike tire come apart like what has be posted about the PR3 so beware.

Here's a link: http://www.600riders.com/forum/main-lobby-new-member-section/43362-beware-michelin-2cts.html

Bridgestone BT-023?

Last edited:

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a order coming in the mail tomorrow. I'm sure it will have another 10% off coupon in the box. Shoot me a PM tomorrow to remind me to send it to you.

dnellans

Reaction score
Visit site
just a random note that i've got about 2k on a set of PR3's and no problems (and no noticable wear!) yet. i was pretty nervous about getting them for the above reasons but decided to do it anyways and have been happy thus far. i hope everyone on here that hasn't had issues and buys in the future, has good luck and the delam problems were a bad batch or something. my decisions was based on wearing lots of gear, no alternatives avail locally, etc. your weighting factors should be your own.

markersniffen

Reaction score
www.marksniffen.com
Thanks for the replies -- redballs I'll send you a PM soon!

Definitely re-thinking which tires to get now. As many others do, I want a tire that will last forever, stick like glue in the twisties, float over water in storms, and stick to snow and ice in winter. That would be one hell of a tire. :rolleyes:

I bought my bike with new Pirelli Angel ST's on it, and 6500 miles later I have been really happy--but I don't have anything to compare them to. The PR3's seem to be all the rage which is why I started my research there. I was aware that one member had the PR3's fail, but I didn't know about the second guy. Multiple incidents make me wary...and the Michelin response makes me leery. :shakehead:

Among Bridgestone, Metzeler, Pirelli, etc. it's hard for me to pick with each brand's tires getting great reviews and recommendations. It's brand overload and it makes me indecisive. :rolleyes:

I appreciate the recommendations, and after an hour or so of new research, I'll probably try the BT-023's, although I'd bet I would be just as happy with the Z8's or PR2s.

Faulty logic? Or healthy realism? :BLAA:

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
538930_10151007250615356_289749986_n.jpg

CowtownBiomed

Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful the PR3s don't delaminate on you that has happened to others.

Bunk...one or two guys dont know how to check their air pressure and it becomes a big deal..
The didnt ignore it either, they found that low inflation caused the problem..so how can you blame Micheline for user error?

I have alsmost 3000Km's on my set so far...a fine tire IMO..wonderfull in the rain too..

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The PR3's that had problems were made in France, sometime ago.

To date, I haven't heard of any further problems with the 3's..

I have PRII's and love them. When they wear out I'd get another set in a minute. The II's are tried and proven.

The PRIII's nowadays are likely ok. My local guy sells a ton of them and hasn't had ANY PROBLEMS with them. Thats in SW Florida where it is hot a good part of the year...

Last edited: