Motorcycle club...

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So im debating on starting a motorcycle club in my area. I figured its a good way to meet new people, become connected. All taht jazz. I was in a car club for a long time and really liked it. I dont want to take anythng too seriously. Just maybe do a small sticker and maybe t-shirts. Just something that i can get people together. Have some fun.

Any ideas of ways to get started from people who have been in MC clubs? I was thinking to make a facebook page. Maybe put a craigslist posting... just try to spread the word.

Im just not too sure how i want to go about it... Anyone can join? JUST sportbikes? should i check everyone out first to make sure their not jacka$$? or just accept anyone? I just remember the club i was in was ALLL perfect cars. no junk, no guys with just exhaust and a few dents. All the cars were top notch. BUUUUT then you are saying people cant join just because they dont have money to spend... But at the same time, i dont want 10 really nice bikes and one bike from like 1970 that drips oil down the street... ya know?

Any ideas for names? i was thinking like "ELiTE" "Organized Madness"... i dunno... thats what im bad at lol...

So... any ideas??

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can always start by creating a Forum, just like here and let it grow. I personally do not twitter, whatever that is. Nor do I have a spacebook or myface account either. I need to hide:scared:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would suggest starting an internet motorcycle club.

I belong to one in Denmark and it is very relaxed and all the events are well attended. I do not like the idea that I have to turn up to a bike club on a certain day each week which is why I prefer the internet club.

Someone puts a post on saying there going for a ride out and who wants to go along. There is always quite a few. Each year we have an annual camp in July for a weekend. I think about 50 bikes have signed up so far.

Nobody is really in charge of the club and there are no fees. I have been a member for 3 years and it is great.

You just need a good website and to start spreading the word through your friends first.

Steve

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, too much commitments with clubs. Memberships, attendance, etc.

A forum that post rides and gatherings probably already exhist in your area. I know it does here in Vegas. What I like that they have is every Tuesday night, they have a get together at a different spot. You just show up in your cage or bike, have something to eat and just shoot the bull for an hour or two. Some go on a ride after, but every Tuesday, you can get together with other riders and have a good time.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
we have "DCSPORTBIKES" around here, but the problem is all those guys are like over an hour away and they are ALLL A$$HOLES. lol... i literally only visit that forum to see what the latest drama is, who is getting banned and yada yada..

and this is how they talk... ALL OF THEM

taken from the site
"N**A I ROAM DA STREETS LIKE A SINGLE LION IN HIS PRIME
emotion-11.gif
AND EAT WHAT EVER I F***ING WANT WHEN EVER I WANT
emotion-33.gif
AND I JUST SNATCH BETCHES WHERE EVER I FIND THEM
emotion-54.gif
emotion-54.gif
emotion-54.gif
" this is the intelligent motorcycle forum they have lol... hence why i need something else.

i just want to start a club of guys who can meet up, chill out, take some nice rides together. nothing serious, no monthly dues, no mandatory anything. Maybe make a small sticker up to put on the bike somewhere and maybe a t-shirt. nothin fancy. Just something cool to belong to.

n3lrk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride with the Maryland Sportbike Riders and most of the rides I have been on with them started off of Belair road. Great diverse group of people you ought to check out their Meetup group. They are listed as Gaithersburg but most stuff seems to happen in Baltimore.