MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow signs with Ducati

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's pretty sad, the way CC has been performing you would think there was a factory bike under that black paint. Going back to Supersport Cal has been great on Yamaha, Ducati better pull their socks up.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
At least it's going to be entertaining with his outspoken manner and battling directly with Dovi once again on the same bike.

But damn there's going to be some huge crashes next season. :(

Pagey

Tiger Boy
Reaction score
Visit site
Not at all surprised, there has been talk of him going there for ages. I really hope its not a mistake him going there. He should of waited until 2015 when Suzuki come back to GP....

Still he does done the Tech 3 team proud this season :Flash:

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
You gotta love Cal, on and off the track. Very outspoken. But, he definitely has his plate full with the Ducati. The other alien, Stoner, is the only person who has been able to ride it and win. Maybe CC can change that and I'd wish him all the luck. But, I'm really going to miss the Kentucky Kid.

D

Dave.TX

I like Cal. I think Ducati is in a slump and don't know how to fix it. They're good bikes but not great and anyone that rides them has to know they won't win or even podium save for others crashing, etc. Same in WSBK. Literally it's a no-win for any rider on a Ducati, not the way Honda, Yamaha and Aprilia have been the last couple of years. Duc's just aren't that good anymore. I do wish Cal all the best though, he's a really good rider.

Ducati makes gorgeous bikes but I wouldn't want to own one, I'd rather have an Aprilia (if going Italian - as a personal bike).

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rossi is one of the best development riders in the game and he couldn't do much with Ducati. I cannot imagine Cal will be able to do any better, as much as I'd love to see that happen.

My prediction is he's going to drop off the grid .. 7th/8th place in any given race being best result of the season.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, new year new stuff too early to tell. Probably wont be good for him but that's why they run the races. Let me see .... now who own Ducati ..... hummm they don't like to loose. May not happen but just maybe...

it's not over till someone sings :)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pol Espargaro has just been announced as taking Cal's ride on the Tech 3. Alexia and Pol in MotoGP - first time for brothers in the top class tier racing?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't Roger Lee do a one-off or two with Nicky a few years ago? Like maybe Laguna and a run in the UK.

Either way, that's pretty cool. The boys have the talent!

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
As a Brit I'm obviously disappointed! After over 30 lean years without a champion....a great hope comes along and he's gone to the graveyard of ambition....Ducati.

Personally I think he should have held on to see how much longer Rossi is going to continue....because it's obvious to everybody that his best days are behind him.

Though having said that, I'd still be shouting for Jorge! :rockon:

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Should be interesting to see how he does, to bad Ducati can't run a tire of their own choosing as I think that would help with the handling of the bike.

Jerry

I think Ducati has had ample time and opportunity to compensate and adjust to the Bridgestones.

For some riders, the money may be more important than winning a world championship. Most see it the other way around.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rossi is one of the best development riders in the game and he couldn't do much with Ducati. I cannot imagine Cal will be able to do any better, as much as I'd love to see that happen.

My prediction is he's going to drop off the grid .. 7th/8th place in any given race being best result of the season.
I would have to agree with you, I think CC's main aim is to keep his Moto GP profile up with a view to securing a decent ride the following season.
It's a win win for him really, If the season is a disaster, equal and better men have failed before him. If he has some good results he is a genius.
I think the whole Tech 3 (not being a factory team) was really over hyped, it is a bloody good bike. Ducati are a factory team with huge resources but havent been able to transfer the R&D to the track.
Good luck Cal,

Nelly