Motodynamic intergrated tail light - hazards not working?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After playing with it, it seems like it works with the harness even if the load resistors aren't connected, but doesn't work without the sub harness. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a jpeg that one of our member posted. He included wiring his OEM lights along with the Motodynamics tail light.
Notice there are 3 ground wires (Black) coming from the Motodynamic light.
Tie these three back wires together and connect them to the black wire from the original tail/brake light. The original tail light ground (black)wire has more than enough current carrying ability for the entire Motodynamice light assembly.

I think your problem may be with the ground path...:)

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up just wiring it how I mentioned in my previous post. For the person that asked, I didn't want to use the sub harness because I didn't want to use the resistors that are built into it. However, with the sub harness attached but the resistors not connected it works. So I just wired it that way. I didn't feel like fighting with it and it worked that way so problem solved lol. That's my last mod that involves electrical stuff lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
That diagram doesn't show but I still have the motodynamic harness in there with the resistors. I also added a couple diodes where you (Motogiro) suggested to fix some issues. I plan to remove the resistors and clean up my wiring next time I have the side cover off. There are a lot of wires balled up in there.

Here's a jpeg that one of our member posted. He included wiring his OEM lights along with the Motodynamics tail light.
Notice there are 3 ground wires (Black) coming from the Motodynamic light.
Tie these three back wires together and connect them to the black wire from the original tail/brake light. The original tail light ground (black)wire has more than enough current carrying ability for the entire Motodynamice light assembly.

I think your problem may be with the ground path...:)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That diagram doesn't show but I still have the motodynamic harness in there with the resistors. I also added a couple diodes where you (Motogiro) suggested to fix some issues. I plan to remove the resistors and clean up my wiring next time I have the side cover off. There are a lot of wires balled up in there.

Yes, I remember you had those multimode directional assemblies and there was a problem with the logic. This happened on the same units with other members when they were used with a stock tail lamp bulb.
Did those diodes work?

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I remember you had those multimode directional assemblies and there was a problem with the logic. This happened on the same units with other members when they were used with a stock tail lamp bulb.
Did those diodes work?

Yes they work great. Thanks!

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently got a motodynamic smoked tail light from a friend.
I would prefer to use it just as a tail light as oem one, i don't want indicator feature. Is it possible to wire the indicator wires paralel to tail light like regular lamps?

I don't know much about led lamps :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently got a motodynamic smoked tail light from a friend.
I would prefer to use it just as a tail light as oem one, i don't want indicator feature. Is it possible to wire the indicator wires paralel to tail light like regular lamps?

I don't know much about led lamps :)

Yes, just wire the brake light signal (Yellow) wire for the brake. The tail light (blue wire). and the ground wire(black)

You will leave your indicator lights wired as they are now on the bike. :)