Motocamp 6/5-6/9 - 100 Pics

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok. I know we are into july and all.. but i have been busy. I lost my job june 1st and had already planned this trip, so off i went.. I had planned to spend a night in the adirondak mountains and one night in the middle of VT (also in the mountains).I had planned out the following 3 day trip.

Day 1 - 245.3 Miles
Day 2 - 230.3 Miles
Day 3 - 276.1 Miles

Day 1 - Glastonbury, CT to Lake Harris - Newcomb, NY

Day1.jpg

I loaded up the bike in the late morning and got on my way. Really a very uneventful ride. NO problems with traffic or crazzy drivers. Once i got into the adirondacks, the road did become a bit bumpier, but nothing that the 6 couldnt handle.

IMG_0947.jpg

I stopped on the highway to snap this picture. This is I-90 as you are comming into the berkshires. Very pretty, but the bridge was shaking from all the traffic.

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

These are from across the street from a rest stop.

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

Decided to take a stop next to the river after ridding for a bit.

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Made another pit stop in Wells, NY. Very quaint little town. good photo op for the bike too.

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

Took another break. Thankfully the police didnt seem to mind that i was taking photo's while parked on the wrong side of the road. In NY the police signals are just red and not red+blue..

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

I finally made it to my campsite. Now I have to give this little peice of advise. When doing trips like this (especially in the adirondaks), when you see a gas station and you only have 2 bars left, fill up.. No I didnt run out of gas, but there were several times that i thought it was a close call..

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

some ducks came up to say hi while I was setting up my tent

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember seeing someone from here do this. I belive it was either wavex or defy, but this is only half the wood that was in there in the first place. and the road back was really really bumpy. but the cases's took it like a champ.

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

For dinner I had made one of those dehydrated beef stroganof dinners. It was edible. Thank god for beer though :)

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Day 2 - Lake Harris - Newcomb, NY To Elmore State Park - Lake Elmore, VT

Woke up to not being able to see the lake at all. Basically woke up, got a fire going. Made this dehydrated granola and blueberries and milk. Fixed it up with some hot water and in 20 mins it was ready. not bad. I would make one again..

Day2.jpg

This was just down the way from the lake harris. Thought it was cool with the mountains in the back
IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

This is Long Lake, NY. I believe we are making that our next camping trip. Very beautiful and the lak is huge!!!!

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Next is tupper lake. Also very nice.

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

I dont have a picture of this, but I had to stop in Plattsburg, NY and buy a new sleeping bag. The night before the zipper broke on mine. $25 later I was on my way up I-87.

IMG_1124.jpg

Decided to get some pictures of the border crossing.

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

These next pictures are from Rouses Point, NY. Absolutly great.

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Decicions????
IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

This is South Franklin, VT

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

North Franklin, VT
IMG_1162.jpg

This is the border crossing for USA and Canada on RT 237 in VT. I thought it was funny that there would be one here because there is really nothing around for miles...

IMG_1163.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is about the time i perfected the take a picture while moving. enjoy.

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

Finally made it to the camp ground. I think the kid thought he was being funny when he gave me site 13.

IMG_1189.jpg

this was right behind my site.

IMG_1195.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the entrance. I dunno if you can really see it in the picture, but there is a fire tower you can hike up to. It was getting late, so i didnt make that one.

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

couple shots of the lake

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

this is what it looked like out of the front of my tent site

IMG_1222.jpg

mmmmm.. romen for dinner.. but i did just lose my job, so cut me some slack.
IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was all excited about this fire. I thought it would be great to show everyone how a real man makes a roaring fire.
the setup:
IMG_1257.jpg

getting going:
IMG_1258.jpg

this next shot it seriously like 2 hours later. I dunno if it was cuz the wood was a little damp, but it was such a pain getting a big fire going...

IMG_1263.jpg

Very dark at night..

IMG_1286.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Day 3 Elmore State Park - Lake Elmore, VT To Glastonbury, CT

Ok. I had not really planned out a fun ride for my last day, but it ended up really working out. Once i got to 91, I would sometimes get off and follow rt 5 south. Rt 5 basically follows I-91 and the connecticut river all the way from the top of VT down to where i live. So i would ride the highway a bit, then ride RT 5 a bit.

Day3-1.jpg

Day3-2.jpg

Day3-3.jpg

Woke up. Ate breakfast. and packed up the bike

IMG_1302.jpg

Down the ways from the lake there is another smaller lake. Good time for another photo op.

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
was so nice to see a little country store. Then i realized they didnt have any gas pumps. damn it....
IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

Thats it for pictures. All in all the trip turned out to be around 820 Miles. I didnt add in the times i had to go from the camp ground, to the store and back for dinner time. the first night it was like 30 miles round trip and the 2nd night was around 25 miles round trip. see what I mean about the gas fill up thing. :thumbup:

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds and looks like it was a fun trip man. Glad everything went alright. How did you manage to pack all the necessities for a 3 day camping trip - into your bike? I can't manage to fit it all in my ford explorer for a trip like that, let alone my bike.

And where's the pictures of you guys? No people in these pictures!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well... honestly.. if i listed all of it out and put it all back out in my spare room.. it would be a decent amount.. i suppose i could do a how to pack guide, but im sure everyone has there own way.. but its not that hard.. 2 small duffles and my top and side cases and it was a breeze.. sure i couldnt bring a laptop or anything.. but where i stayed, didnt even have cell service.. but an ipod with movies and lots of music really helps..

as for people pics.. there was no one else there to hold the camera.. and im not really picture material.. but anyways.. no i went all by my lonesome due to my cousin not wanting to go (cuz he didnt think his star 650 would be up to it.. yada yada..) and my sis boyfriend having a cbr600 and wrists that hurt after 15 mins of steady riding.. other than that no other people i know with bikes that would want to go.. lame i know, but the truth..

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
The more I read about this bike, the more I see it's a great bike. Man, that was a long trip and all on an FZ.

Thanks for sharing -- those were some cool photos. Kinda makes me want to take trips longer than 6 hours (where I go out and end up home).

Next chance I get when I'm home alone, I just might do something longer -- maybe not with all the camping :D -- I guess I gotta start somewhere. Plus, I need my electronics.

Thanks again for the photos -- I really enjoyed them.

Dennis

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Excellent post! Great picts! :thumbup: Looks like a great ride with some very nice scenery.

Sorry to hear you lost you job though.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Bummer about losing your job. Hope you find another quick!

Thanks for posting the pictures and trip report. Those of us who can't be making those kinds of trips right now enjoy seeing what others are doing.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow you were less than a mile from my house at one point - shpuld have pm'd me - I would have cooked you a decent meal! Great trip and awesome pics - good for you for not being deterred and going alone! :thumbup:

I hope you find a new and better job soon.