Most Dangerous Highway in USA.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm on it just about everyday! To my surprise, it's Interstate 15 between Vegas and California.

I would figure it would have been I-95 in Connecticut, or maybe the Angeles Crest Highway in California, or maybe the beltway around D.C.

I-15 First in Most Dangerous Highway in America - Las Vegas Now

Hey Kenny,
I'm actually not too surprised at this. It's obviously not the "difficulty" or curvy-ness to the road (it's as straight as an arrow). I think the danger is in how boring the road is leading to highway-hypnosis... and the fact that most people speed excessively there (avg 90-100mph). Just in the past year, I know 3 close friends that wrecked there on separate occassions.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Americans just don't know how to drive (my first impression). A wide open freeway like that the speed limit should be 100 MPH. (probably a lot of people do that anyway). I've been on it. Much of I-5 is the same way between Sacramento and LA, boring straight stretches. Everybody exceeds the speed limit.

AutoXer

Reaction score
Visit site
Tailgate wrote "Americans just don't know how to drive (my first impression)."

YA THINK???? Cripes, in America if you manage to parallel park ONE TIME (in a parking lot, not even out on the street) you are basically licensed for life (and thus licensed to kill - apologies to james Bond), regardless of your actual (lack of) skill!! We Americans would never survive a 100mph road ... the carnage would be incredible.

jZ

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Whatever the reason that is, I hate Interstate 15 anyway when I am on the bike saddle... ha ha ha
My reason is that there are none wind protection through out the LV to LA.
And there are no many alternative road choices for the Bikers... ha ha ha
Otherwise, I like the road conditions and traffic flow; no issue for me.
Except some 18 wheelers >> need very careful when passing those trucks even with small sedan cages ^^:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is this the road i will be driving on going from anahiem to vegas, my very first time driving in the states and on the wrong side of the road ????? :confused::eek::eek:

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Hiway to Great Falls from here has deer that eat all the grain that spills out of the farmers trucks when they bring the crop in to town. Every time you are on that road you will see a lot of deer. They like to play tag with the vehicles that drive by. Then there are the cops that sit just over a rise or around a corner. They love to ticket bikes. (me twice)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is this the road i will be driving on going from anahiem to vegas, my very first time driving in the states and on the wrong side of the road ????? :confused::eek::eek:

Unfortunately, Yes!

But it's not too bad. The highway is actually in great condition. It has anywhere from two to four lanes in each direction, and the opposite side is always divided by a barrier or median. Like many have said, it's a boring drive, and there are many people always in a hurry.

Just remember, it's a courtesy and in some states a law, to stay out of the far left lane unless you are passing. It's also known as the fast lane in this country.

Getaway

Reaction score
Visit site
Just remember, it's a courtesy and in some states a law, to stay out of the far left lane unless you are passing. It's also known as the fast lane in this country.

and therein lies the problem. Most drivers in the US don't honor this. All other issues stem from this lame act. Tailgating, cutting off, passing on right, most all of it is from people trying to get around some jerk trying to set the speed limit for everyone by camping out in the passing, PASSING! lane.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its not like i will be distracted, only being the first time, getting out of my head our rules which are the right lane is the passing lane and you must stay in the left unless overtaking, but its the same here, people dont follow the law.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was just talking with a couple of passengers from Australia today at work, they said the biggest adjustment was that our highways are so big. They must have been from a really small town.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In Missouri we have a road known as 21, about 4-5 years ago they put up a billboard sign calling it "blood ally." Its no interstate but its 188 miles in length, I used to ride on it all the time to college, also my old high school is right off of it too. Just some fun info I thought id share.