mods to increase low RPM torque

alpinematt

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I love this sight. I spend a lot of time reading, but haven't posted very much. Still I like a lot of the info that transpires here. I have 6K miles on my 2007. It's my first streetbike. I've been riding for 1.5 years. Still a pretty new rider. I tend to be pretty safe. My confidence in the bike has increased tremendously in the time I've been riding. I definately notice a lag in the motor at low RPM's. I was reading Cycle World (July 2008) mag about a product called "TRE" or "Ivans Timing Retarding Eliminator". 'This product fools the ECU into thinking it is always in 6th gear. This provides the quickest opening for the secondary throttle butterflies, buying enhanced throttle response and increased power at lower engine speeds'. This product seems perfect for the FZ6, but isn't available for Yami's at this time. I'm sure some of you guys have performed mods to target this aspect of riding your FZ6.. Where have you started to increase low end torque? :Flash:

alpinematt

Reaction score
Visit site
Ken, that makes a lot of sense and costs a little dough. I've never gotten close to 140 mph anyways, well 123mph one time. I think that would change the personality of the bike somewhat. hey, thanks, matt

Red FZ6 Rocket

Reaction score
Visit site
Matt
The stock chain will work with a 15t up front and a 48t in the rear. Which really made running through the gears a lot quicker. Front end gets very light :D when shifting into 2nd.

I'm still waiting to hook up my speedo healer (should be here this week) to find out what highway speed RPM's will be at. We have some 70 mph highways around here and just keeping up with traffic with the -1 +2 gearing the rpm's were around 7k rpm at 75-80mph.

I ride my mostly in town to work and back about 20 miles one way in 35 to 55mph speed limits. Fuel MPG dropped about 50 miles per tank(200 to 150 miles) I tend to run a little higher in the RPM range with this gearing. But if I was to take a long ride I would need a smaller rear gear maybe a 43t rear for touring.

Good Luck with your FZ6. Ken :thumbup:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
if you really want to see an effective change at your mid-range torque ,,get a power commander,,,it smoothes out the power range,,made a big difference on my bike,,,after installing the -1 front sprocket ,now its even more noticeable,,,

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Matt
The stock chain will work with a 15t up front and a 48t in the rear. Which really made running through the gears a lot quicker. Front end gets very light :D when shifting into 2nd.

Im going to go and get the 15t countersprocket today. When I had my Honda V30 magna, I dropped a tooth, and could wheelie shifting into second. Im going to drop a tooth so when im pulling out of a corner, I can be in the next gear up.