Mods to a new 2009 FZ6N by a non-mechanical owner

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm getting more comfortable with my seat, and certain that the bike will settle down a bit since it's brand new. Not sure if it's a physical change or whether I'm just getting more used to the bike.

The current owner took photos of her sitting with both and reckons it gives her a couple of cms back which is about what I need. And spot on your last comment. Couldn't bare to change my original seat.

A couple of cm's will make a big difference.

Cant wait to hear what you think when you get the thing on the bike!

:thumbup:

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a before and after of the new (used) seat. Haven't ridden it yet, and only sat. Feel that little bit more comfortable, so waiting for my next ride.
before: red seat
after: black seat.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a before and after of the new (used) seat. Haven't ridden it yet, and only sat. Feel that little bit more comfortable, so waiting for my next ride.
before: red seat
after: black seat.

The modified seat looks to now have a much more prenounced angle to it? or is that just me?

:thumbup:

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you find that your "package" get's a hiding on the front of the tank! :eek:

I too have noticed that visible 'lip'.. Worst case is I can be a little happier to do a custom shave of this myself given it's a 2nd seat and not the OEM one..

At least it'll be softer than the same impact against the tank ;)

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally received my fender eliminator today (from ebay) and keen as to get it on. Hopefully I manage to put it on without wrecking anything.

Main worry now is the mention on the instructions about excess weight with the rideline tube (and the plastic plate protector).
Mentions that extra weight could contribute to premature fatigue.

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
There you have it; I have fitted my fender eliminator.

I would have preferred to have had better 'after' photos, but they were rushed due to my elder brother dropping in with his brand new Ducati Monster 698.

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
Took my bike for it's first service today. Now that that is done with, I can give her a bit more than I have been.

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
Been a while since I posted.. After having the bike for more than a year, I finally splurged and had installed some Two Brothers exhausts..

WHAT a difference.. People move out of my way on the freeway, my family can hear me coming home. Gives me all that more comfort that people will be more aware of my existence on the road..

A video doesn't do it justice, but here's a vid:
https://vimeo.com/37286876

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
Just an update.. Unfortunately I've had a mishap about 6 weeks ago where my bike was written off, but thankfully I walked away only with a fractured toe.

Now begins my search for another FZ6

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately don't have any photos as I had no space on my phone. Still want to get some as the bike is still in the holding yard.

I was travelling in right lane of two in the Melbourne CBD, when a woman in left lane saw a car spot (90deg in middle of road).
She turned into the spot cutting off my lane and I hit her at 50-60km/hr

I set off her front an back airbags where I hit her drivers side. Thankfully didn't go over bonnet.

My bike, ironically landed into the spot she was parking into on its right side.
The bike didn't seem too bad but the insurance company saw it fit otherwise.

So not at fault for this one, but still feeling the pain of it.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear man glad you are ok(cept for your toe) but sh1tty bout the bike Ill keep my eyes and ears open

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
So here I am on the verge of buying a new (used) bike and strongly leaning towards a street triple. It's the bike I've always wanted aside from an fz6.
So we'll see what tomorrow brings with this bike I have my heart (and head) set on.

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
So a few weeks later and I'm now an owner of a 2010 street triple.
Its a little different to my FZ6 but I'm getting used to it.
Much like I did for my fz6, I'm doing some simple mods to make the bike look that little bit better.

Thanks heaps for your reception on this forum for the past 2 years and the fz6 has been a memorable bike for me.
View attachment 45990
View attachment 45991

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
So a few weeks later and I'm now an owner of a 2010 street triple.
Its a little different to my FZ6 but I'm getting used to it.
Much like I did for my fz6, I'm doing some simple mods to make the bike look that little bit better.

Thanks heaps for your reception on this forum for the past 2 years and the fz6 has been a memorable bike for me.
View attachment 45990
View attachment 45991

You look soooo happy in that photos.:rockon:

Great looking ride. The fast red one.:thumbup:

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
You look soooo happy in that photos.:rockon:

Great looking ride. The fast red one.:thumbup:

Thanks Yasko. Funny thing about that pic is that I was so eager to leave by that stage, it was a 35c day, all mg gear was new and stiff the last thing I wanted to do what have a photo.